Jan 8th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 6 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 6 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 8th in Stage 5, and his teammate, Sheldon Creed, finished 33rd. The special section of Stage 6 is 542km. Robby Gordon start time: 8:25am/et, Sheldon Creed start time: 9:05am/et.

2016 Stage 4 Photos

STAGE 6 TRACKING

STAGE 6: UYUNI > UYUNI

Connection 181km | Special Stage 542km | Total 723km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The longest special section of the Dakar takes place on the 6th day of consecutive racing. And that is not the only difficulty of this operation, which will take place between 3,500 and 4,200m in altitude. The pace and surfaces change constantly, alternating between sand and rock, which may be disconcerting, especially if it rains. Glimpses of the Salar d’Uyuni are but one of the visual delights on the agenda. Meanwhile, the truck category, which will race separately on this 6th stage, will visit the home town of the President Evo Morales.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 43017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who is that?

the 352 BULACIA (BOL), GARCIA (ARG) The quad racer did a lot of pointing and Garcia got right back after him

I think the rest of the Dakar is going to be robby having fun doing it for the fans and then not coming back next year Taking a year out to develop the car while showing them what he brings to the Dakar in terms of fans they will pay him to come back lol
No, I do not think so. Loeb and Sainz are very big draw cards. Peterhansel has won too many times. Carlos has a huge fan base in South America, he is Spanish after all
I am going with a broken drive shaft.? Any takers?
Doubt it he can fix that on stage like he did last year

doubt it. I'm thinking ran out of gauze and ball bearings.

They carry a spare drive shaft

OK,

Oh .. You are are thinking that muffler bearing again....:)

To fast now. Cant be being towed. I doubt they carry a DS spare

That's from the Facebook page last year when he broke it and replaced it on stage
Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service