Jan 8th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 5 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 5 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon had a disappointing 47th place finish in stage 4. The special section of Stage 5 is 458km long. Robby Gordon start time: 10:49am/et, and he will be the 18th car off the line. Gordon sits 39th in the overall standings, 5h47m behind. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally.

2015 Stage 4 Photos

STAGE 5 TRACKING

STAGE 5: COPIAPO > ANTOFAGASTA

Connection 239km | Special Stage 458km | Total 697km

COURSE OVERVIEW

This is the first of the rare special stages in which all categories will compete. At the start of the race, the most confident drivers will be able to take advantage of the fast tracks to try to move up in the overall standings. But the temptation to do so may be risky, particularly in the hard-to-handle fesh-fesh areas where absolute self-control is the only guarantee of success. Overtaking here requires precision handling to the extreme.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 36945

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well put and said.
But today is another day.
GO ROBBY!!!

Should have some Team Stage videos in the morning. They found some internet that isn't too snailish.

Thanks for your patience!

And we have Stage 1 Video from TEAM SPEED available! CRAZY CRAZY in car, especially at the end when the crowd goes NUTS!

http://www.planetrobby.com/video/2015-dakar-rally-stage-1-teamspeed...

Awesome video! I am very much looking forward to more of these!

upvote

TOG - you the best...

12 Below before windchill, It's nice to have some racing to follow, even if it's been a little frustrating. See y'all in chat later. Keep the Faith.

Is this stage 5? Uh, yes it is....All the negative bullsh** should be on stage 2 and 4...Myself I am gonna say a little prayer and hope for a little enjoyment out of TODAY'S stage....

Right on!

I love Sainz, but how does he get to start today when he never finished yesterday? I am glad they have him starting today but just curious.

As long as he and his car managed to make it to the bivouac within the time allowed and by any means, he is allowed to start. Saludos from Greece.

Thanks, I was just looking at the overall times for competitors and Sainz is not listed. So by him not completing last nights stage I guess he is out for the overall and just competing for stage wins and to help his teamates?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service