Jan 8th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 4 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 4 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a 6th place finish in stage 3, and is now 3h46m behind. The first part of the special section of stage 4 is 217km, followed by a 185km 'neutral zone', then the last section is 284km (657km total). This is the longest special since 2005.

2014 Stage 3 Photos

STAGE 4 TRACKING

STAGE 4: SAN JUAN > CHILECITO

Connection 211km | Special Stage 657km | Total 868km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The strategy of the motorcyclists will come into play: initially their navigational skills will be seriously tested at the beginning of the morning, and then they will be faced with the problem of worn tyres, as they have already been over-used the day before. As for the drivers of cars, they will have an even more demanding route to tackle in the countryside. The Dakar’s competitors haven’t faced a special stage this long since the historical one from Zouerat to Tichit in 2005! They will have to cross rivers, descend the canyons in a Wild West setting and beware of the other participants: as these terrains are often wide open, it will be entirely possible to overtake fellow competitors.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 34855

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

EL GORDINI RENDIRA FUERA DE LA CORDILLERA ESTA TODAVIA EN PAÑALES EL HST, FALTA MUUUCHO DESARROLLO PERO EL TOP 10 MO ES MALO, LOS MINIS SIGUEN SIENDO CONSTANTES Y CONFIABLES LO NECESARIO PARA GANAR EL DAKAR.

BJ seems to be moving pretty good today.

Well it's the Dakar and preran the frustration that comes ............let's keep plugging.

The live timing has finally updated, that last stretch in the sand cost 20 minutes. Baldwin is still stuck back at CP9 though. That is troublesome.

The Suzuki is still moving along though!

seems like baldwin is still going showing cp10 now

Made it to 11 even.

At least he was able to stay ahead of that Mini (Holowczyk) that was on his tail.

lo peor que Villagra (arg) lo este pasando, esta mierda de tiempo no fue de lo mejor. que paso RG 42 minitos debajo es eterno

Bikes - Laia Sanz / Honda started 20th today and finished 52 min down. Damn that woman can ride. Does
anyone know who her water carrier is this year???

Yea she does, been tracking her progress from the start

RG 30th overall just a few under 4 hrs back
BJ close to 7 hrs.

On the 5th day of Dakar my true love gave to me
FIVE Blown Up Minis!

I'll leave the singing to Tooltime...

I hope and trust that RG got his cabin sealed off the ac working. Now they probably have a couple dozen tweeks to get done for tomorrow's stage. Good day overall.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service