Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 7, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 5th stage.Robby begins the day 9th overall in the standings.

Stage 5 - Wednesday, January 7
Neuquen > San Rafael
Connection: 173 km | Special: 506 km | Connection: 84 km | Total: 763 km
The major test of the first week of the race will perhaps be fought on the road to San Rafael. The long distance will oblige teams to remain concentrated at all times. The pilots will also be confronted with real dune passageways, including a range nearly twenty kilometers long. Long off-road stretches will alternate with much more technical sections in the track following the “rios”. The Cordillera can be seen on the horizon, but taking time to sightsee is out of the question: a too-late arrival at the bivouac always leaves a mark.

Views: 414

Replies to This Discussion

If the guy lost four minutes he probably was pulled over to the side with a flat...there was no chrome horn.
I wonder if he gave him the horn or the bumper when he passed him. or the third option the finger
My guess is after rolling it yesterday "being nice"...I say all of the above........ A tap, then a pass...then a one finger salute tellintg them what place he was running for....

He is going balls out..........Come on Hummer.....stay together baby!
try following the thread...
Be nice...HA ha
another good stretch before updates will be available
Might be strategy. Fist guy over the dune is first guy to get stuck. Others can follow the track and see the danger spot. Only issue with my argument, no Dunes till next week.
Maybe they have the opposite strategy as Rob. go hard early then lay back.
RG showing 9th overall about 4min out of 8th
and 45 minutes out of 1st...
You just scared my simple mind when you posted that. thought he dropped back in this stage.
It looks like alot more SAND today

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service