Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 7, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 5th stage.Robby begins the day 9th overall in the standings.

Stage 5 - Wednesday, January 7
Neuquen > San Rafael
Connection: 173 km | Special: 506 km | Connection: 84 km | Total: 763 km
The major test of the first week of the race will perhaps be fought on the road to San Rafael. The long distance will oblige teams to remain concentrated at all times. The pilots will also be confronted with real dune passageways, including a range nearly twenty kilometers long. Long off-road stretches will alternate with much more technical sections in the track following the “rios”. The Cordillera can be seen on the horizon, but taking time to sightsee is out of the question: a too-late arrival at the bivouac always leaves a mark.

Views: 414

Replies to This Discussion

No he is not competing this year, I was surprised as well.Maybe Meyer didn't want to navigate for him this year nor did anyone else.
I love this web site, everyone gets along great without fighting. Robby Gordon fans ' ROCK'

Makes me kind of misty...sniff sniff
great bunch of people. some with expectations too high. Our guy is driving smart this time. Im nervous that he will be out front tommorow pretty early, but if he hooks it in the dunes he might easily make up 10 minutes on the pack. Ill be happy with 5 and lets see who else starts to crack.
Vigger is almost through the stage with 10KM to go sitting about 30th for the stage and 35th Overall by the end of the day.
Rockin robby gordon showing his talents and the Anaheim shop and engineering should be very proud , compared to VW, MITZ, etc..
The video Doug is talking about and linked to is for today's Stage 5.
Anytime Doug. On my work computer, the sound was very low (even with everything turned up...crappy speakers), but I held one speaker up to my ear and listened closely. So if anyone is crazy, it is me...lol.
I was just noticing in the Overall Standings after Stage 5 that #300 Peterhansel has been assessed a 15 minute penalty which dropped him from 4th, 13 minutes 44 seconds back, to 6th, 28 minutes 44 seconds back.
looks like trouble!?!

the overall top 5 from the video are the same drivers/times listed at the website IF You remove 5th, 6th, and robbys 7th.
now 5th overall in video with time is...
ALPHAND/PICARD MITSUBISHI 00:42:04

alphand goes from 8th to 5th, robby gets bumped back to 10th, go figure??
It could just simply be someone messed up when putting the graphic together because the Top 5 for the Stage on the Video omits #307 Depping in Second, #309 Robby in 3rd, #300 Peterhansel in 5th (Scratch), and #304 Roma in 8th. It moves #302 Al Attyiah from 4th to second, #308 Miller from 6th to 3rd, #303 Alphand from 7th to 4th, and #301 Sainz from 9th to 5th. With Peterhansel's 15 minute penalty, it drops him from 5th to 9th.
Looks Like Vigger took 28th for the stage and now sits in the top 30 O/A
did they ever say what the 5 hour issue was on day 1?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service