Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 7, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 5th stage.Robby begins the day 9th overall in the standings.

Stage 5 - Wednesday, January 7
Neuquen > San Rafael
Connection: 173 km | Special: 506 km | Connection: 84 km | Total: 763 km
The major test of the first week of the race will perhaps be fought on the road to San Rafael. The long distance will oblige teams to remain concentrated at all times. The pilots will also be confronted with real dune passageways, including a range nearly twenty kilometers long. Long off-road stretches will alternate with much more technical sections in the track following the “rios”. The Cordillera can be seen on the horizon, but taking time to sightsee is out of the question: a too-late arrival at the bivouac always leaves a mark.

Views: 414

Replies to This Discussion

holly shit he lost alot of time!!! hopeing it's a tracking error and they get the times fixed.. we all agree that 322 is way messed up.. hopeing something is wrong across the board and can be fixed.. otherwise robby looks to be at least 8 minutes behind...arrrgh!!
Everything looks fine with timing now that they corrected Spinelli's time...
Carlos Sainz must be having some issues...
that is not a bad thing
Its the lead body on his car

There is nothing under breaking news about him yet, so maybe some minor delay. Still brings the top overall cars closer together!
Need to get back in the nasty stuff to make up some time
This rally is a timesuck!
I work for TAG Heuer. My team mates in europe are doing the same thing as me, watching live tracking. Not much will be achieved in the 1st half of this month. C'mon Robby.
did they just go through the portion with the big climb? Maybe it is lack of power on the climb
Looks as though the big climb isn't until around KM250
No, it was just a portion of the course with more sand than the earlier portions
Need a few more of the big boys to have trouble. NOT ROB

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service