Jan 7th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 5 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 5 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 10th in Stage 4, and his teammate, Sheldon Creed, finished 26th, after receiving a 10 minute penalty for speeding. The special section of Stage 5 is 327km. Robby Gordon start time: 9:21am/et, Sheldon Creed start time: 9:47am/et.

2016 Stage 4 Photos

STAGE 5 TRACKING

STAGE 5: SAN SALVADOR DE JUJUY > UYUNI

Connection 315km | Special Stage 327km | Total 642km

COURSE OVERVIEW

All round vigilance is required for this second part of the marathon stage: in addition to managing mechanics, particularly the tyres, all the drivers will have to pay attention to their own bodies’ reactions. Entry into Bolivia is also marked by an abrupt increase in altitude, rising to 4,600m –the higher point in Dakar’s story- during the day’s special section. Technically, it is also in this stage that the rally steps up a gear, with the first off-piste sections as well as some navigational gems which might be a headache for some navigators…

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 47767

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looking for the like button

Nbcsn coverage, Robby threatening that this may be his last dakar due unfair performance gap to the pugs. If this is the last one Robby, show them how it is done.

Any chance of GM or Chevy helping RG in the future with engine development? Or did that ship sail in his IMSA days driving for Ford...Obviously he is in the Gordini but wouldn't be a stretch to say Corvette powered. Corvette has lots of international appeal...

@Charlie, Chevrolet helped with the original HUMMER SCORE Spec Chevrolet LS. It's not engine development per-se that we need. RGM has lots of Chevrolet LS's in it's inventory (SST,TT) The FORD shipped sailed when Jack Roush blocked RG's purchase of Yates Racing.JMO

I'd like to hear more on that

@Michael, which of the 4 subjects in my post?

The motor that he is using is making as much power as you can with the plenum restrictions you have to use for a v8

Think about a 7.0L engine breathing thru this size of carburetor.39mm that I used on a 125cc two stroke.

it also has to be production based (500 units) and homologated by the FIA, which requires a manufacture to build and submit the units.

my bad, it's 2500 units

Get a third Gordini from China and I bet Buick or Cadilac would be interested.
China, currently is in meltdown financially. About the only thing coming out of it is bad news

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service