Jan 7th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 3 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 3 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon had more vapor lock issues during stage 2, and now finds himself over 3h45m behind. The cars are scheduled to begin the 433km special section at 9:00am/et, Robby Gordon will be the 30th car off the line, beginning his stage at 9:52am/et.

2014 Stage 2 Photos

STAGE 3 TRACKING

STAGE 3: SAN RAFAEL > SAN JUAN

Connection 295km | Special Stage 301km | Total 596km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The competitors of the 2014 Dakar will experience their first taste of the mountains by passing through the Pre-Andes. The Aconcagua Volcano stands 6,962m high and will observe the progress of the vehicles, of which a part will rehearse their high mountain driving techniques. The motorcyclists will climb up 4,300 metres during their special stage, on a ridgeline where they will have the impression of towering over the whole of America! The descent will bring them back to the tough reality of the drivers of the Dakar, as they will only have finished the first part of this marathon stage. They will have to ensure the mechanics for their own vehicles at the isolated bivouac which has been set up for them.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 35829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LMAO

What I don't understand is why Robby's engine builder isn't on a plane to meet him and help solve the problem. The engine builder has not (1) but several engines with the same issue. These power trains are not cheap and should come with some sort of engineering support. If it was only Robby's truck, then blame the truck. But this is 2 different vehicles. If need be there is always over-nite shipping with some different parts to resolve the issue. .Switching fuels systems is a lot of work but not undo able.

Does any one now if they solfed the problem yet?

Let's be positive that RG did get through the stage. Stage 2 was gruesome. It took 16 bikes out. The Dakar site still only shows 101 cars at arrival so another 44 not accounted for on the timing. On the overall positions it shows the final 40 cars all with 2 hour penalties and still another 40 cars missing from the overall classification. A clean run through stage 3 would be great RG and HST.

ss shortened 23km today ...

Nice,23 KM less to tow. Ok, change in attitude. Vapor Lock, Efff off. Time to go racing.

tog please tell us that chat will up and runnin today pleeeeaase !?

Due to the severe weather of the last few days, the special section the third stage has been shortened: the bikes and quads will start from the 130 km point on the original route. The start time has also been put back to 9.50 AM local time. The cars and trucks will set off from the originally planned start, but will finish after 222 km instead of the 245 km originally planned.

Maybe this weather will cool everything down and help solve the problem.

i'm sure that robby's crew isn't just crossing fingers and wait for weather to solve the problem !!!!

I hope tracking works today, it's not filtered on my computer at work. Planet is, so I sending this from a secret computer at a secret location..

The bikes just started and they had 130 km shaved off, so we should know about tracking in about 45 minutes if the CP1 iis in the original spot.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service