Jan 7th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 3 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 3 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon has a 49 minute deficit to overcome, but will start 13th in stage 3. This is the first stage of the rally that isn't a loop stage. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 2 at 8:11am/et and Robby Gordon is slated to begin his special section at 8:24am/et  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2013 Photos

STAGE 3 TRACKING

STAGE 3: PISCO > NAZCA

Connection 100km | Special Stage 243km | Total 343km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Tempers are likely to flare inside the vehicles, as the level of stress increases. The recently formed pairs will have passed a major test during the first one hundred kilometres. The South Americans have adopted the term “Erg”, which accurately describes the sequence of dunes that they will have to negotiate in the small hours. All the competitors who go over them without getting stuck, including those in the lead, will be able to proudly breathe a sigh of relief. Their first reward will be to take advantage of the route along the seafront on the second half of the special stage. But the respite will be short-lived, as the tracks they will take at the end of the stage will also require skill and vigilance.

RED is the special section, GREEN is the connection.

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 10768

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know the big downhill run last year made me shit my pants, I couldn't imagine how the navigator felt...

Anyone else find it interesting GPS working just fine for the new leader of the race but seemly everyone else seemed just a little lost.

Thoughts.....

u have to get so close to the way point for it go off some people are just lucky

i a 300m radius ....that's a 600m disc

In "new money" that would be 984ft/328yd radius -- 1968ft/656yd disc

He credits his navigator. No more conspiracy theories. Lets just race hard and kick some ass!

In reality, as we climb the ladder of passing guys in the standings even though time was lost to the oh so early leader we increase the probality and chances and potential of actually getting a chance to "see" what we want to see out on the course. Without going into a detailed explanation (no I won't) of what I'm saying I know the multitude and general population here fully understands what we want to have happen, be it some handful of days away perhaps and yes the sooner the better....... off in the wings we wait ..................salivating in anger and a touch for some of humble existance and humility. The press be damned I wish I had one of those old suction cup adhering swinging back and fourth hands for my car window with "the finger" expressing how I feel! Next................

Copy. Paste:)

I'm not say it was singling out RG. you see just how many people drove over the points with out the same luck,

this race tends to lean very hard in mysterious ways.

And yes I can't wait to see the Hummer Fly again tomorrow...

Gas on Robby !!

:)

It's not conspiracy theories but many of competitors had problem. You can see quotes of Sainz and Al-Attiyah:
Sainz : "We need to have a look at the GPS, there may be something wrong with it. We went through certain points two or three times without them being validated, until we thought "too bad, let's move on" and, after 15 km, it went back to normal... I don't know, we need to have a look at it."
Al-Attiyah : "We went through a waypoint and nothing happened, so we continued to look around for a while and all of a sudden it was validated, not only for us but also for all the drivers behind us, who lost far less time. So we drove flat out from then on in an attempt to claw back as much time as possible, and we finished at this pace. Of course, I'm happy with the car's performance and speed, but I'm obviously upset we lost time like this. Anyway, our two cars are in the running and, you never know, tomorrow it may be someone else's turn to have these problems."

Anybody notice this stage ends in Nazca which according to Leigh Diffey is pronounced "NASCAR" (with his Aussie accent) l0l

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service