Jan 7th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 7 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 7 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 2nd in stage 5 & Nasser Al Attiyah finished 11th. Cars begin stage 7 at 7:56am/et (9:56am local). Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 7 TRACKING

STAGE 7: Copiapo > Copiapo

Connection 154km | Special Stage 419km | Total 573km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The loop will be the biggest challenge of the week, although the beginning of the special stage, which will travel along tracks in the middle of the hills and cacti, might appear easy. But afterwards, the strain of the kilometres covered since Mar del Plata will begin to take their toll, exactly at the time when a great number of dunes will follow one after another. The last string of dunes to be crossed, so near and yet so far from the finish, may well resemble a bivouac which has been transported to the middle of the desert. Thankfully for the latecomers who pitch their tents, the regulations allow vehicles to be presented until 6 pm on the rest day.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 9559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Am I reading this right where the DSS & ASS are at the same place?

DSS is start of special,,,, looks like liason in the morning from bivouac to DSS, then special back to the bivouac where they started

I guess thats kinda what I was thinking or said, start and end at same place...........

Yes speedy you thunk right, it's a loop back to bivi for rest day on Sunday.

Thanks Will, did I also read somewhere that truck #2 is there now--if so with plane people (baja bob) and assistant, camp could be a little crowded--but fun.................

F-Liner #2 arrived at the team today. And yes, I saw several tweets from Becy Gordon about Baja Bob going there today, or soon. Don't know the status of the that move thought.

I think it's cool if Bob is going down. Makes me wonder why he didn't travel with the team.

he goes down every year at the halfway point to bring needed parts

Thank you, didn't know that.

Gotta be a cool moment for dad to watch his son do all this

Baja Bob in attendance? Very cool - good thing the support trucks have those extra large slide outs.

they did the same thing last year as well, but went went around north of Copiapo then back down.

I believe things will change once they have the other support truck and balance of the spare parts - then the hammer will drop.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service