Jan 7th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 7 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 7 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 2nd in stage 5 & Nasser Al Attiyah finished 11th. Cars begin stage 7 at 7:56am/et (9:56am local). Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 7 TRACKING

STAGE 7: Copiapo > Copiapo

Connection 154km | Special Stage 419km | Total 573km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The loop will be the biggest challenge of the week, although the beginning of the special stage, which will travel along tracks in the middle of the hills and cacti, might appear easy. But afterwards, the strain of the kilometres covered since Mar del Plata will begin to take their toll, exactly at the time when a great number of dunes will follow one after another. The last string of dunes to be crossed, so near and yet so far from the finish, may well resemble a bivouac which has been transported to the middle of the desert. Thankfully for the latecomers who pitch their tents, the regulations allow vehicles to be presented until 6 pm on the rest day.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 9559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No matter how things shake out in the end, few will forget how fast Nasser was able to make these big Hummers go.

Rob can say he was cruzin all he wants to but all i'm seein is nassser = dakar king. i'm a MAJOR robby fan since 1994. the only kink here is this dude is even harder on stuff than rob himself

Dude you're on glue! Nasser is 40+ min behind becuase he's overdriving the car and creating his own problems. As it appears you don' know, the trick is to drive as slow as you can and still win. Save the equipment. If Robby hadn't stopped to save Nasser multiple times he'd have the OA lead by far!!!

and i saw that reply coming. Nasser is driving this deal how rob would have done it 10 years ago............

Exactely! I've been watching him race for 30 years, well before he was famous. This is a new degree of maturirty as far as I can tell. He's racing really smart and has a chance to win it.

part of me wants to say the maturity is good. that said I prefer how nasser is going about it. i'm guessing its the the old style. we will see what works----old rob or new rob.

nasser seems to have somehow channed the "old rob"

Nasser The Qatar Robby Gordon

it seems to work

Nasser IS THE ACTUAL CHAMP, RG wants to be the CHAMP, huge difference.

That's good!

Without the hickups Nasser wouldve led by about an hour or so by now..

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service