Join us for the Dakar Rally's fourth day on Jan 6, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 4th stage.Robby sits in 9th overall,only 34 minutes from the lead.

Stage 4 - Tuesday, January 6
Jacobacci > Neuquen
Connection: 4 km | Special: 459 km | Connection: 25 km | Total: 488 km
At the start of this stage, the rocky passageways will make heavy demands on the arms of motorcyclists, while those who are accustomed to “wadis” will be obliged to negotiate the Argentinian “rios” with the same careful attention. Next, the first sandy portions and the long kilometers of off-road will thrill those who love driving them. Careful now! Mistakes can begin to be costly: the stage toward Neuquen has all the ingredients of a trap. By taking on more or less of a lead, the favorites can begin to show themselves and provide indications of a ranking that just might last.

Views: 192

Replies to This Discussion

those little wind up cars......do they have to start those like a lawn mower? Pull cord and all? :)
time for bed!
Gas on RG, keep applying the pressure. Lets all remember that Chris Blias is still injured from vegas to reno last year.
well what ever time he starts... I'm here with my cup of coffee and ready..
Need a good run today. Can't continue to lose time and expect a top five overall. The VWs, BMWs and Mitsubishis aren't going to just disappear.
ok. while i'm here waiting for the cars to start.. thought i would ask a question.. Has anyone here pulled a muscle playing nintendo Wii? lol.. my back is sore after playing that with the kids last night..
yeah... i'll pick the last one! Good morning to you too.....
"Breaking News"

08:44

Route modification for the 4th stage!
For administrative reasons, the day’s route has been modified by the organizers. As a result, the start of the 4th special stage has been put back to the 78-km mark and the finishing line is now placed to the south of the initially planned point. Therefore, the timed section is now 380-km long and CP1 is situated after 148 km of this new route.
as long as they don't take out any areas that the hummer will be better then the others....??
READY!.... SET!.....

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the first of the cars are off!
time to start our day....:)
09:15 - Car

302 - The cars are on their way... and the trucks!
The winner of yesterday’s special, Qatari Nasser Al-Attiyah (BMW) kicked off proceedings in the day’s special, at 09.10 as planned, and was followed 2 minutes later by the leader of the general standings, Spaniard Carlos Sainz (VW). Jus like yesterday, for this 4th stage, the cars and trucks will be setting off at the same time. As a result, the winner of the trucks special yesterday, Russia’s Vladimir Chagin (Kamaz), will start in 26th position, 1 minute and two places ahead of the leader of the general standings, Dutchman Gérard De Rooy (Ginaf).
Todays stage has started. and it looks like TOG is oversleeping.....lol

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service