Jan 6th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 4 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 4 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 16th in Stage 3, and his teammate, Sheldon Creed, finished 25th. The special section of Stage 4 is 418km. Robby Gordon start time: 8:04am/et, Sheldon Creed start time: 8:14am/et. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2016 Dakar Rally.

2016 Stage 3 Photos

STAGE 4 TRACKING

STAGE 4: SAN SALVADOR DE JUJUY > SAN SALVADOR DE JUJUY

Connection 201km | Special Stage 418km | Total 619km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Marathon 1: No Mechanics! On many levels, the competitors face their first real test here. The special section takes place at an average of 3,500m altitude, with incessant changes in pace resulting from alternating sandy and rocky terrain. This grueling route will be on the agenda when everyone already has 2,500km in the saddle or bucket seat, which is already exhausting for the lower placed drivers. First and foremost, this is the start of a very particular marathon stage, with a closed area for the vehicles... and for the competitors.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 38994

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, but anywhere online? I tried checking my NBCsn On-Demand listings and they aren't available there.

only thing I do know, I did not buy enough beer for the week.

:)

Perhaps the NBC SPORTS NETWORK Broadcast will have something at 5:30pm/et about the penalties

As far as penalties for the Dakar are concerned, here is what I found, Penalties start on page 72:

http://netstorage.lequipe.fr/ASO/dakar/2016/reglements/REG_AC_DK16_...

The first offense, 1 Hour penalties are for:

a) Sentinel not working due to Crew (For the 1st 20 cars and A.S.O. Elite Drivers), Article No. 29P1.2
or
b) Not stopping at stop panels, Article No. 38P1.9

I can't see any other 1 hour penalties for first infractions. Curious to see what happens and if it is something RG can protest.

There's a bunch of rules on speeding penalties. They may quickly add up to 1 hour if going excessively fast through speed zones.

That's what I was thinkin. The extra 4 min's

Hey TOG, any idea on when we might see a post stage interview from RG?

1m penalty yesterday 1h 3m day before . tv recap also on dakar web site and sometimes on youtube

If you get 4 minor speeding penalties, then you get hit with a 1 hour bonus penalty.

The total penalty was 1 hour + 4 minutes, which would imply it was due to minor speeding.

Has anyone asked CERI about the penalty?? CERI knows everything...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service