Jan 6th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 4 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 4 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 16th in Stage 3, and his teammate, Sheldon Creed, finished 25th. The special section of Stage 4 is 418km. Robby Gordon start time: 8:04am/et, Sheldon Creed start time: 8:14am/et. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2016 Dakar Rally.

2016 Stage 3 Photos

STAGE 4 TRACKING

STAGE 4: SAN SALVADOR DE JUJUY > SAN SALVADOR DE JUJUY

Connection 201km | Special Stage 418km | Total 619km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Marathon 1: No Mechanics! On many levels, the competitors face their first real test here. The special section takes place at an average of 3,500m altitude, with incessant changes in pace resulting from alternating sandy and rocky terrain. This grueling route will be on the agenda when everyone already has 2,500km in the saddle or bucket seat, which is already exhausting for the lower placed drivers. First and foremost, this is the start of a very particular marathon stage, with a closed area for the vehicles... and for the competitors.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 39004

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok Mike. yes. I like that RG is starting earlier and earlier. Hoping, I suppose now, for a stage win(s). Plus Sheldon is getting some GREAT experience and is an asset already to the team. Looking forward to tomorrow. I do wonder if the marathon stage is more detrimental to the big factory teams as they have not the huge support they are accustomed to.

It's peugeot' day alright .
4 cars in the top 5 .
Mini have a hard time !

Turbo diesel works great at high altitude. Saw the same in the VW era.

Great finish. 10 starting position tomorrow, should be in reach to give the Pugs a fight for a stage win,

Agree with Mike and Maranello that ASO would have to be crazy to not appreciate what RG does for the fan base. Plus they need a villain for Peter Perfect...
But the hour penalty - Man, I was just starting to accept that the PUGS were faster this year but maybe with attrition we could still get a podium. So depressed on the penalty!

Good news I suppose........I was out dealing with a seized power steering pump that prevented the engine from turning...leaving out in the cold.....30 degrees...power steering pump..in the driveway in my sleep.....GAS ON

Sorry just got home. Why does Robby have a 1hr penalty?

No one even RG appears to know it seems.

Ya the other guys get 1 minute penalties and RG 1 hour, such BS!
If they were speeding through a town though, there isn't really anyone to blame but our guys, ugh

Does anyone know where to find the daily TV recaps like in years past? I can't seem to find anything anywhere.

NBC SPORTS NETWORK

5:30pm/et (2:30pm/pt)

220 on DTV

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service