Jan 6th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon had vapor lock issues during stage 1, and finds himself over 2 hours behind. The cars are scheduled to begin the 433km special section at 8:55am/et, Robby Gordon will probably begin the stage at 9:36am/et (Subject to change) Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2014 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2014 Stage 1 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: SAN LUIS > SAN RAFAEL

Connection 365km | Special Stage 433km | Total 798km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The fastest special stage of the rally, at least for its first part, will also be the one where drivers will have to face the first dunes. And it won’t just be a brief encounter with sand: in the last 100 kilometres, the exploration of the grey dunes of Nihuil will be even more intensive than during previous visits. The sand is more firm there, but the experience will provide a great deal of insight about each of the competitors’ technical skills. In short it will be a veritable test.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 55345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Frustrating not being there.

I'm sorry but I missed the entire day because of a meeting, what happend to Robby? Did have another bad day? By the looks of the car he did. Is this year looking like a test of the HST and this year maybe a stage win?

Yes Robby was towed in again. The heroes this year are the lower end competitors that can and will tow Robby.

Seems the engine is still struggling with vapor lock. Somehow this translated to needing a tow, but I think I only have half the story.

When you get vapor lock it can sometimes take about 30 minutes for the system to cool down to the point things start running correctly again. One of the down sides of running an external fuel pump.

You don't often see vapor lock issues with standard road cars as they have an internal gas pump. The fuel in the gas tank keeps the fuel pump cool. But you don't run an internal pump on a race rig, if the pump goes it is to much work to replace it. Most race vehicles run multiple pumps so they can switch between them if one goes out.

Most of the time you see vapor lock issues it causes cavitation in the fuel pump and not be able to pump fuel.

I have no idea how the fuel system is setup on the HST though, so I could be wrong. Just going off of experience from when a buddies would have issues in Johnson Valley down in California. He fixed it by adding a larger return line. That way he would move enough fuel to keep the pump cool.

stock LS7's are a dead head system,is it legal to modify it from the 'production' system?

Quitting is pullng a "Nasser" that team 390 better be orange next year were rg fans till the end and where the heck is mj I'm worried about that guy ?

Wow is this shit still going on ? Why the Fuck talk about hockey at a fu...a friggen Football game ......Oh I know becau.......That's New York talk nobody would under stand..........Well you might but I think not but you could but ...Yo that Rodman dude or was it Flip Wilson Who went to North Korea boy he sure has some balls (basket balls hhee hee) and the guy from the...no that was ...hang on I gotta take a leak ....Okay back did ya wait Jef............Sorry no name callin...Dang.....How many people are snowed in without a hobby or a good book ...Frig

On to stage 3!

Nice move there Sir!

To the former Mr. Watson: Nasser is a hell of a wheel man, no argument there, but he's also hard on equipment. And he conveniently forgets how to change an alternator belt to finish the stage when it conflicts with qualifying for the Qatar Olympic skeet shooting team.

I don't mind drunk posts/rants from people as long as there isn't needless bashing towards other members. Aside from a handful of folks, most of the peeps understand Dakar is a motherfucker of a race.

Tell me again how yesterday's stage WINNER made out today? He'd love to be only 3h45m behind. haha

Yuppa.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service