Jan 6th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon had vapor lock issues during stage 1, and finds himself over 2 hours behind. The cars are scheduled to begin the 433km special section at 8:55am/et, Robby Gordon will probably begin the stage at 9:36am/et (Subject to change) Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2014 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2014 Stage 1 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: SAN LUIS > SAN RAFAEL

Connection 365km | Special Stage 433km | Total 798km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The fastest special stage of the rally, at least for its first part, will also be the one where drivers will have to face the first dunes. And it won’t just be a brief encounter with sand: in the last 100 kilometres, the exploration of the grey dunes of Nihuil will be even more intensive than during previous visits. The sand is more firm there, but the experience will provide a great deal of insight about each of the competitors’ technical skills. In short it will be a veritable test.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 55345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No,I didn't read it.I'm not a Diesel guy,they run on detenation.
Jeff needs to read the rule and understand the rule book. F-1 has nothing to do with this.
And I'm glad his program has a printing press for cash

:-)

Plus, all November and December you were Mr. LS. It just floored me that you gone soft, and now you want a cement truck. (70's term for a diesel Mercedes.)

me, Mr LS?

Thanks Bob, I love get'n a little techi

@ FD, I'm no expert here, but is not there a return line in these FI systems? If yes, good question is, where does it return from, the fuel rails?

I wonder what percentage of the fuel returns? If it's a fairly high number then isn't fuel flowing through the lines fairly quickly? Then how does it heat up? Or, is all the fuel hot? Meaning fuel in the tank and all?

In the video Robby said it only was a problem on the special. Meaning when he was on the throttle, or when he was at higher altitudes.

there are two basic systems.
One that returns fuel to the tank from the regulator (open)
and one that does not (dead head) a stock LS7 is a dead head from what I've read.
What does Carlos have?

This is all so over my head. What were the issues today? Vapor lock again?

Most GM vehicles are now non-return systems (dead head) but they do regulate inside the tank at the pump meaning that rail pressure is sent from the tank to the rail instead of pump pressure to the rail then regulated at the rail. I don't know if a regulator with a return line could be fitted or if it would even be legal but the increased fuel pressure up to the rail might help the situation.

Ed you are right..All fuel injection systems already have a deal like you describe. They use a regulator to do that all unused fuel goes back to the tank.If it is truly a vapor lock issue it will clear up the faster you run it..More fuel demand does not have time to boil because the high rate of usage.

Tim the restrictor plate has nothing to do with the fuel mapping. Its a air restriction. they set the fuel map to its air intake..Ie more air more fuel ect..

Lock to regulator wide open, use the fuel bleed fitting to return the fuel back to the cell WITH a very small restrictor to keep the line pressure up ....Just throwin ideas in the ring

Did they solve the fuel issues today?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service