Jan 6th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon had vapor lock issues during stage 1, and finds himself over 2 hours behind. The cars are scheduled to begin the 433km special section at 8:55am/et, Robby Gordon will probably begin the stage at 9:36am/et (Subject to change) Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2014 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2014 Stage 1 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: SAN LUIS > SAN RAFAEL

Connection 365km | Special Stage 433km | Total 798km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The fastest special stage of the rally, at least for its first part, will also be the one where drivers will have to face the first dunes. And it won’t just be a brief encounter with sand: in the last 100 kilometres, the exploration of the grey dunes of Nihuil will be even more intensive than during previous visits. The sand is more firm there, but the experience will provide a great deal of insight about each of the competitors’ technical skills. In short it will be a veritable test.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 55343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Laia Sanz? The girl can ride!

FSLatinto w/ Laia Sans

LS: very hot, and a long stage, no problems and a good day.

because alot of the pilots had problems....

LS: I hope every day goes like today, without problems and let's see if I can continue

How's the new motorcycle?

LS: when it's a good bike you can get used to it quickly, the bike helps alot

tomorrow is hard day also,

LS: tomorrow, the next and the next.... marathon tomorrow have to take care of the bike.

News at last about Carlos Sousa who has still not reached the CP after 259 km of the car special stage: the Portuguese driver has been racing his Haval with a broken turbo from the 33 km point.

There is still no news of Carlos Sousa or Nani Roma who have not reached the check-point so far. The two men set off in first and fourth place this morning but have still not passed through the CP, although 15 other competitors have already done so.

Maybe Roma stopped to change Al-Attiyah belt?

BWAHAHAHAHA

I saw what you did there!

thanks tog my 305 sticker just should up awsome

When did you order the sticker David?

the 30th i think

# Dakar2014 cars: first car Carlos Sainz end of step with his SMG! Your time is 3h52m51s via @ DAKAR2014LIVE

If he is the first across that puts him ahead of the starting 4 and at least 7 minutes up on Nassar. We have 3 minutes to find out if he beat Peterhansel

Well, so much for that...

Peterhansel 3h52'05 2- Sainz a00m46s 3-Roma a7m25s 4- Al-Attiyah a7m55s 5- Terranova a12m41s

Cars are at ASS, looks like Sainz, Peter, Nasser.

303 - Sainz on the podium! The Spanish has cut the line first with a total time of 3h52 ' 51 ", tip second to the CP it confirms its good place at the end of the day ...

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service