Jan 6th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon had vapor lock issues during stage 1, and finds himself over 2 hours behind. The cars are scheduled to begin the 433km special section at 8:55am/et, Robby Gordon will probably begin the stage at 9:36am/et (Subject to change) Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2014 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2014 Stage 1 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: SAN LUIS > SAN RAFAEL

Connection 365km | Special Stage 433km | Total 798km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The fastest special stage of the rally, at least for its first part, will also be the one where drivers will have to face the first dunes. And it won’t just be a brief encounter with sand: in the last 100 kilometres, the exploration of the grey dunes of Nihuil will be even more intensive than during previous visits. The sand is more firm there, but the experience will provide a great deal of insight about each of the competitors’ technical skills. In short it will be a veritable test.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 55343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Carlos sousa has broken the turbo at the km 33

I just saw that, shame after the day he had yesterday.

14:36 Cars: Sousa and Roma having problems?
There is still no news of Carlos Sousa or Nani Roma who have not reached the check-point so far. The two men set off in first and fourth place this morning but have still not passed through the CP, although 15 other competitors have already done so.

Sorry Guys that was YESTERDAYS !!!! That mistake is a relief. I didn't change from stage 1 to 2.

It's kind of a pain today. They keep referring to a CP1 at 259 km, about 2/3 of the way through the special, that you can't track on-line. My guess is it should be around WP4 since that is CP1 for the motorcycles.

It took just over 2 hours to finish the race after CP1 for the bikes, it should be close to the same for the cars.

That is what I read earlier, WP4 is CP1 and the only one till the finish today.

wp4 for the cars is KM259

WP4(aka CP1) for the bikes is KM177

Bikes are running about a 70km shorter course today

Good point. Pay attention kids. Bike stage a little different from the cars today.

lmao. no worries rookie....

it happens,you need to change the settings if you saved it in your favorites.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service