Jan 6th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon had vapor lock issues during stage 1, and finds himself over 2 hours behind. The cars are scheduled to begin the 433km special section at 8:55am/et, Robby Gordon will probably begin the stage at 9:36am/et (Subject to change) Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2014 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2014 Stage 1 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: SAN LUIS > SAN RAFAEL

Connection 365km | Special Stage 433km | Total 798km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The fastest special stage of the rally, at least for its first part, will also be the one where drivers will have to face the first dunes. And it won’t just be a brief encounter with sand: in the last 100 kilometres, the exploration of the grey dunes of Nihuil will be even more intensive than during previous visits. The sand is more firm there, but the experience will provide a great deal of insight about each of the competitors’ technical skills. In short it will be a veritable test.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 55341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Speaking of Parker, it looks like Baldwin still hasn't finished. Is he still trying

Still only 61 cars have finished. I'm guessing the dunes are killing a lot of cars.

On the plus side, the Suzuki finished!

Well then, I guess the HST design did work in the dunes..

Now that's the real deal

Firstly hello everybody from France. I'm a little sad today... the new project is too young.I was worried, and more today, caught 3:45 in two stages, it's incredibly disappointing. Even if based on the hummer experience, you can not win a Dakar with a car built and tested 3 months before the race. The rest of the rally will certainly be a great practice session. Anyway hope a stage victory or two... keep on fighting Robby !! Gas

we feel the same,.

Take back all the bad things I've said about the French. You rock!

I am sad too and I fully agree your analysis (up of my previous comment) :
"Brad is right, this year will be learning year. Unless (and even if) you can modelized a lot of things as aerodynamic behaviour for performance, handling quality and cooling system, it is obvious to accumulate miles in order to fix a lot of little issues which cannot be detected by running around the shop as it is shown in the prerace videos. I hope they will find a solution to fix it in order to validate the concept. To be honnest the package forward engine + solide rear axle is so far from my french culture (buggy with irs and rear engine or 4WD car) that I have some difficulties to understand how this can work : certainly not the best solution in deep sand due to lack of rear weight and lack of performance vs 4WD cars for WRC stages.
Anyway, I hope Sainz will put some doubts in Sven seak brain up to the end."

It seems that the wheelbase is shorter than the Hummer, whith a low chassis, which increases agility in WRC typed stages. The thing that puzzle me is the cooling system...

it 8:05 local time,there are only 64 in out of 147 starters this morning.

Gnarly stage we need bj and chich tho

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service