Jan 6th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon has a 30 minute deficit to overcome, after experiencing gearbox issues in Stage 1. The terrain of stage 2 is nothing but sand, so it will favor Robby Gordon in his quest to make up lost time. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 2 at 10:00am/et and Robby Gordon is slated to begin his special section at 10:55am/et  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2013 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: PISCO > PISCO

Connection 85km | Special Stage 242km | Total 337km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Like every year, more than 25% of the competitors will discover the Dakar for the first time. With this stage, they will be immediately immersed in a sandy environment and cross gentler dunes. Their initial endeavours will allow them to test and adjust their driving techniques, but also to sample the delights of shovelling sand for some, while several engines will overheat for the first time. During this stage where there is only sand, the minor scares at the beginning of the special stage will not stop the majority of drivers and navigators from savouring a constant treat for the eyes. In terms of aesthetics, the scenery borders on perfection.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 12538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stage 2 Top 5 at FINISH 1) Peterhansel 2) DeVilliers +2m38s 3)Chabot +2m46s 4)Terranova +6m26s 5)Novistky +9m33s 13) GORDON +19m18s

Good to gain so many positions overall - we must have set some kind of Dakar record for that today. But can't afford to loose another 19 mins on the leaders. And it was unsettling to see us ahead of Sainz on time after he got lost, but then have him pass us again in the latter sections.

The hard truth is that we must start winning some stages to have a chance at the win.

I'll be surprised if we don't win some though. Robby's not the sort of guy to go home without some stage wins.

AFTER STAGE 2 TEAM SPEED GENERAL POSITION 28 TH AT 49:21 BEHIND LADY LEADER.

29th now
CAPS?

and starting 13th tomorrow

Good recovery today.. more work to be done.

I follow Robby Gordon since his first participation in the Dakar when it started in my country (Lisbon - Dakar 2006). I started to like his "show" (the car, jumps on the podium, donuts, ...) but I don´t like his attitude lately (USA vs. THEM, his helmet, Minis are girl cars, Buggies are ugly ...).

Dakar is not a competition of the most beautiful car, the most badass car, the most spectacular, the fastest, … (Reminds me Ken Block's Gymkhana Hollywood movies and then goes to the WRC and does nothing). The most important is who comes to the end in less time.

I don´t believe in Karma, but Karma is the best word to resume what happened in the first stage. After much talk shit, double fail at the first round (!!!), where the time count as a triple (if you have a problem, it counts as three problems), where all participants came to the end without problems, Robby Gordon has a problem on his driving (got stuck on a small dune) and a problem on his “best in show” car (broke his transmission) and lost a half an hour for the first!!!

His presence in the race is good for the sport, he is a good motorsport driver and it's still possible he will make a good final result.

Good luck and talk less Robby Gordon!

... and good luck to Johnny Campbell, Kurt Casseli and Kevin Muggleton. :)

Kevin is out today, he fell

Carlos, you are aware that all his attitude came after Peterhansel called him a cheater? I would be pissed too if the ASI approved my car then told me it was illegal and my competitor knows all this and still calls me a cheater.

@Carlos, I guess you have never heard Robby on a nascrap scanner. Most of the stuff you are hearing now is PG.

not a cheater,a born cheater
maybe something is lost in translation?maybe not
Stephane broke the racers code,IMO

carlos, you are correct; Robby has a great following because we love the fact that he's tackling dakar with his own team, his own cars, his showmanship, and his competitive attitude. To spend so much $$ and get disqualified by the ASO is unacceptable, and so were Peterhansel's cheater comments. Unfortunately, making fun of all the minis and the bugglies is not any good if you get beat by them. If there's no respect for other competitors and their equipment, what does it say when they beat you? Here's to Robby getting back to what he does best: letting his driving do the talking. Let's hope this is shaping up to be the best comeback win ever!
Gas on!

Agreed

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service