Jan 6th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon has a 30 minute deficit to overcome, after experiencing gearbox issues in Stage 1. The terrain of stage 2 is nothing but sand, so it will favor Robby Gordon in his quest to make up lost time. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 2 at 10:00am/et and Robby Gordon is slated to begin his special section at 10:55am/et  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2013 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: PISCO > PISCO

Connection 85km | Special Stage 242km | Total 337km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Like every year, more than 25% of the competitors will discover the Dakar for the first time. With this stage, they will be immediately immersed in a sandy environment and cross gentler dunes. Their initial endeavours will allow them to test and adjust their driving techniques, but also to sample the delights of shovelling sand for some, while several engines will overheat for the first time. During this stage where there is only sand, the minor scares at the beginning of the special stage will not stop the majority of drivers and navigators from savouring a constant treat for the eyes. In terms of aesthetics, the scenery borders on perfection.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 12538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

good question!!

The will and the want are on Robby. The positive we send make this race what it is.

Day one was tough and now it's time. Let the sand make the trap for the others.
Bring it Home.

Gas on Robby !!!

There's no doubt that Robby has the will and the want. This is a big setback but if anyone can overcome, its Robby! I have all the faith in the world in him and his team. Naysayers can talk to the hand.

Well alot of work for robby in the next few days, but NOT done. Lets look at last years stages. The following is the results of stages from 2012.... 1-:49s behind, 2- 2:42 behind(Nasser won), 3-2:08 behind, 4-18:10 behind(Nasser won), 5-1:01 behind(Nasser 18:10 behind), 6-not timed, 7-7:30 behind(Nasser won), 8-:05 behind, 9-WON by 1:38, 10-14:14 behind, 11-1:50:58 behind, 12-WON by 15:18, 13-36.01 behind....
These numbers tell us he can and will make up time, just cant have the problems he had last year(Nasser breaking getting stuck and helping him) hitting a rock, getting stuck, rolling over) It can be overcome, concentration, concentration concentration......

Go RG

this is DAKAR baby everybody will have some sort of problems. more then once. still don't like the x3 factor but it wont kill us . starting back in 136 place 1 hour after the leader today is huge. 30m back on day 2or3 would mean starting 20ithto30th. US vs THEM. ! now its US vs all of them. big day today got to work on getting some serious positions back without losing. to much time to the leaders dakar is tough but weaving your way through a 100 cars will be super tough Lucky for us we are robby fans WE KNOW ITS NOT OVER! keep on keeping on and good luck team speed

He starts 33rd today. I hope they were allowed to change the gearbox...

TOG's twitter:
Robby Gordon will begin the special section of Stage 2 at 10:55am/et - He will be the 33rd car to leave the starting line.

no need of rear ... only full steam ahead all day every day .

thanks mike i didn't know that . makes a huge difference .that's a 100 less cars he has to pass

I am pretty sure you can change transmissions and parts of the drive train. Too lazy to read the rules but I wonder if you could change an engine if needed.

parts on engine no block

It lloks like a 30 min, delay in starting the bikes.

Thanks Will

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service