Jan 6th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon has a 30 minute deficit to overcome, after experiencing gearbox issues in Stage 1. The terrain of stage 2 is nothing but sand, so it will favor Robby Gordon in his quest to make up lost time. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 2 at 10:00am/et and Robby Gordon is slated to begin his special section at 10:55am/et  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2013 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: PISCO > PISCO

Connection 85km | Special Stage 242km | Total 337km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Like every year, more than 25% of the competitors will discover the Dakar for the first time. With this stage, they will be immediately immersed in a sandy environment and cross gentler dunes. Their initial endeavours will allow them to test and adjust their driving techniques, but also to sample the delights of shovelling sand for some, while several engines will overheat for the first time. During this stage where there is only sand, the minor scares at the beginning of the special stage will not stop the majority of drivers and navigators from savouring a constant treat for the eyes. In terms of aesthetics, the scenery borders on perfection.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 12538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

we did not get beat today..its all in the plan..Dakar is not Baja...and in a rally 31 min gap is not what you want on Day one with only a 13k stage..and i know it's a long race and not he is behind the8ball..simple facts..

should be fun to watch,
how was the crowd today?

Joe,

I never opened my mouth, sir. Shit happens sir. Good luck to your team and may God bless.

thanks buddy..RG and the planet did..RG can make it up but the feild must now have the mistkes..

I don't really think that i'm your buddy...

It's pdx...

Hey Joe it's Bradsfun

Mistakes happen and we all know that coming from behind is always tough.

The EPIC race now has it's underdog, being at the top (which isn't your guys) is always the toughest place to be.

Always wishing the Best,
B Man

thanks man..it's a long race and anything can happen to all of US..

One constant for the Dakar...every team Will make mistakes. We Got This!

sanding the navigator out .... this is not good at all ....
well that prove that as always ... anything can happen in this race ... to anybody .
this is really gas on for rg now .... all the way till the finish line !

Stage 2 big dunes... is going to be a hard one for everybody.. is better for Gordon to start in the back and follow the trails. Last year most of the car and trucks got stuck in the dunes.

It will be interesting to see how the Bugglys do in the dunes with their short wheelbase.

they will kick ass ( they will do the opposite of what everyone thinks they will really do )

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service