Jan 6th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon has a 30 minute deficit to overcome, after experiencing gearbox issues in Stage 1. The terrain of stage 2 is nothing but sand, so it will favor Robby Gordon in his quest to make up lost time. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 2 at 10:00am/et and Robby Gordon is slated to begin his special section at 10:55am/et  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2013 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: PISCO > PISCO

Connection 85km | Special Stage 242km | Total 337km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Like every year, more than 25% of the competitors will discover the Dakar for the first time. With this stage, they will be immediately immersed in a sandy environment and cross gentler dunes. Their initial endeavours will allow them to test and adjust their driving techniques, but also to sample the delights of shovelling sand for some, while several engines will overheat for the first time. During this stage where there is only sand, the minor scares at the beginning of the special stage will not stop the majority of drivers and navigators from savouring a constant treat for the eyes. In terms of aesthetics, the scenery borders on perfection.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 12538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robby will tell it like it is and drive on he may be he's on a different

strad than be for and it's a long race today's race was the hardest of the rally

RG IS CAPRICORN AND I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND he needs to chill out and do his thing good things happen to us when they least expect it and good things sadly don't when expected so hard to resist trash talking when you have good team but something in this life has to throw rocks and make us capricorns faill when i hear RG trash talk i like it in one side but i always know it can bite us in the ass. US capricorns can be a bit arrogant too stuff happens best when we chill out

Im a big supporter of RG.I know doing the smack talk is all fun.But when it's time to EAT CROW.you eat crow

If I was his PR man.At his next interview he should say ..I'll be EATING CROW the next few days.Let the foreign media figure it out.I googled it it's perfect. Peters said the 4X4 are the cars to beat.In the dunes many said the Buggies would rule.They didn't.I know Peter would love to serve RG his first bite of Crow....LOL Smack Talk means having a sense of humor...:) Power on RG

My Directv receiver rolled over and died Friday. I've been following RG via the web on several sites, mainly here.

Lemme see if I understand where things stand at the end of stage 2. RG started S2 in 9 millionth place (ok, 35th or so?) and 31 minutes behind the leader. Right?

At the end of today's stage (2) he'd climbed to 13th place and 19 minutes behind Sainz.

If I'm seeing this correctly, that's a HUGE gain in 1 stage, gaining 16 spots and making up 12 minutes.

Is this accurate? I sure hope so!

Gas on, RG!!!

Not accurate. Lost 19 on today's stage to stage winner. Currently RG is 29th overall, 49 min 21 sec behind 1st place overall. Lost more time in the overall standings, and only gained a few spots in the overall standings.

finished yesterday in 137th overall after today and losing 19minutes to the new leader 29th overall
So better than a few overall spots ,but lost time to the new leader

You are corrrect. Robby left the line today as 33rd car... ( I'm not sure why, but that's what was posted this morning) that's what I was thinking. Plus, no real gains on the favorites of the rally.

Elite driver rule, 7gason7 posted it out of the rule book in 'chat'

thanks for the explanation.

20P3 RECLASSIFICATION
For safety reasons, at the end of each
Stage, the Sporting Stewards will automatically
reposition for the starting order of the next day’s
Stage, the A.S.O. Elite Drivers and/or the first 20
overall in the car category, the first 10 overall in
the truck category, if these Drivers happened to
be badly classified due to mechanical problems.
In no case can such a repositioned car start in front
of a car appearing among the first 20 cars in the start
list of the Stage.

No that is not correct. Time is cumulative. So finishing 19 minutes down in stage 2 is added to the time deficit from stage 1, thus there is now a 49 minute +/- deficit. Places were gained in overall scoring position, but additional time has been lost.

main page, banner on top left has the stats updated daily. Info for the stage, as well as the overall.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service