Jan 6th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon has a 30 minute deficit to overcome, after experiencing gearbox issues in Stage 1. The terrain of stage 2 is nothing but sand, so it will favor Robby Gordon in his quest to make up lost time. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 2 at 10:00am/et and Robby Gordon is slated to begin his special section at 10:55am/et  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2013 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: PISCO > PISCO

Connection 85km | Special Stage 242km | Total 337km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Like every year, more than 25% of the competitors will discover the Dakar for the first time. With this stage, they will be immediately immersed in a sandy environment and cross gentler dunes. Their initial endeavours will allow them to test and adjust their driving techniques, but also to sample the delights of shovelling sand for some, while several engines will overheat for the first time. During this stage where there is only sand, the minor scares at the beginning of the special stage will not stop the majority of drivers and navigators from savouring a constant treat for the eyes. In terms of aesthetics, the scenery borders on perfection.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 12538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

some of the other Mini driver where shit talking also,which made them fair game.It made for more interest world wide for DAKAR.

Any top athlete in their given sport can't make it to the top with out having that winning, I am going to beat you attitude.

Carlos,
Point one, if Robby really thought the ASO was corrupt, he would not compete in the Dakar.

Point two, you state, "But before the race started, his attitude is like someone already wins the race." I disagree with you. I think you are hearing something from his pre-race statements that he never intended to say, either implicitly or explicitly.

Like others, I am surprised to see the time Robby lost to the overall leader in a largely sand dune section. It's a long race, and I believe that the mini's will be the main competition at the end. But he needs some stage wins.

I agree and thought the dunes were the one place he'd make up ground. Does anyone know if the had
any difficulties today.

Ok :)

other's where having fun with the smack
these stickers where made up in Australia

Speaking of license plates, Mike, do you know if Robby has SPEED plate for Arizona?

I tried getting it last year but it wan't available. So, I also have YOLONCE (Musang/Daughter), CONTENT (Me I'm content and work in the Content Delivery Business) and BITCH (my wife) Just kidding on the last one.

Yes---some of it is at least amusing!! But now it's time to go watch the Sea Hawks----perhaps one disappointment for today will be overcome by a different triumph!

I've learned don't to get my hopes up.

Me too! Age and maturity do that to us---as well as a number of disappointments over the years!

can't wait to see todays highlights and quotes. wish i didn't have to work tomorrow

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service