Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 5 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 5: Copiapo > Antofagasta

Connection 90 km | Special Stage 483 km | Connection 97 km | Total 670 km

Course Overview

The area has a reputation for its density in gold and copper mines. And that will be the theme of the hard day the competitors will witness on the road to Antofagasta, as demanding physically as it will be mentally. The open but rocky tracks of the first part of the day won't leave the slightest respite in terms of staying focused. And the off-road portions that follow will request solidity at all points of view: it is indeed here that the competitors will have to battle it out in the fesh-fesh, known on this continent as 'guadal'. At the end of this stage where changes in pace will be numerous; the notion of endurance will start to have its real significance. The less cautious will have already committed mistakes.

Views: 228

Replies to This Discussion

It could be Better for Robby tomorrow to start 4th, this way he has somebody to chase after, When you are leading, it could be hard keep the pressure high.
Definately better for Andy. I'll bet he's tired.
BJ's thru km456.0 in 12th +32.20
Congrats to Mark Miller. First stage win at Dakar. I am rooting for Robby to win, but it is nice to see another American doing well in Dakar. Now if only Mark was not with the enemy VW team!

To be honest I would have mixed feelings if Mark does win Dakar. It would be great to see an American win it for the first time. But I would be heart broken it was not Robby who set that record.
For sure..
19:01 - Car

305 - A first for Miller
The first 6 cars have now completed the fifth special stage and US driver Mark Miller (VW) wins the day’s special stage - his first stage victory in the Dakar - respectively 2’10 and 4’27 ahead of his team mates Spain’s Carlos Sainz (VW) and Qatar’s Nasser Al-Attiyah (VW). In the overall standings, "El Matador" Sainz benefits from the misfortune of Peterhansel (BMW) and takes the lead.
Congrats to Mark Miller, the 2nd American to win a stage in the Dakar...
4 more will tie RG
Now what happened to the big truck? :(
It was withdrawn.
I seen your earlier SC, that's why I asked... have to wait and see what Ramses has to say about it later.
Do we know why? This is the second year that the support truck has been out of the race. It seems this is a weak point in the RGM team. I thought I heard (maybe from Fly) that RGM was looking to get a different 4X support truck for next year. This year was about building the new Freightliners.
Yeah, someone here said a new Freightliner was going to be in works for next year, as the Man is a tired old gal!

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service