Join us for the Dakar Rally's third day on Jan 5, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 3rd stage.

Stage 3 - Monday, January 5
Puerto Madryn > Jacobacci
Connection: 70 km | Special: 616 km | Connection: 8 km | Total: 694 km
For the third day of the race, the special program is a tough one, ranging over 600 km. It will be a sign that the competitors have reached the heart of the matter, even though big problems are still to come. The entry into Patagonia, which will be accompanied by a significant change in terrain, will need new piloting abilities. The landscape is much hillier, and those who prefer long curves will find what they’re looking for. Here, orientation is done using the lakes that border the route, around ten throughout the day, and numerous pink flamingoes will be the preferred guides for this stage.

Views: 138

Replies to This Discussion

I think Robby makes up about 3-4 positions on Monday.
Yes we want washouts and big gullies in the roads. Ones that swallow up the small tires and suspensions of the 4wd cars. Also things like light-weight tierods and steering rack gears take a beating in ruts. The mud is not such an issue as poor visability was today and yesterday for RG.
I need some sleep today.They should be rolling any minute now,
well i'm up in time to follow everything today.. bad thing is that i have a doctors appointment this morning...so i'll follow the start and hopefully be back in time to send the end..
I think my Cardiologist would look at me funny if I told him I was a "Darkarholic"......lol
Tracker is off to a great start.... show Sainz and the only one to start...
Here I am at work at 741 and can track in the background while I do real work. All weekend its just been checking results as honeydos, golf, and the Miami Dolpins have taken precedence. I multi tasked till I was borderline schzophrenic (sp) Need to root for the boy. Personally I think hes maturing to the point that hes actually driving "smart" If you look at the whole map and see what a tiny part has been covered, and the fact the first two days have not been Hummer Friendly, I think hes working his plan. The only person I have ever seen actually beat Robby in the desert, was Robby. GAS ON
I see the tracker show that robby started....
first two showing up past km 47.

hopefully the rain keeps the dust down and robby can see to fly past a few people today
5 cars through checkpoint now.
Less than one minute behind Sainz (overall leader going into the day...)
RG off to a great start thus far.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service