Jan 5th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 3 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 3 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 22nd in Stage 2, and his teammate, Sheldon Creed, finished 33rd. The special section of Stage 3 is 314km. Robby Gordon start time: 9:42am/et, Sheldon Creed start time: 9:51am/et. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2016 Dakar Rally.

2016 Stage 2 Photos

STAGE 3 TRACKING

STAGE 3: TERMAS DE RIO HONDO > SAN SALVADOR DE JUJUY

Connection 349km | Special Stage 314km | Total 663km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The format is tighter for the day’s race against the clock... as are the mountain tracks featuring in the special section. Experts in sliding and on the road will be able to showcase their skills here, as long as they stay constantly focused. Those hunting down the leaders will be on high alert during this route, which has been designed for opportunists. But the programme could also be transformed by any rain: even the strongest competitors do not necessarily perform well on heavy ground.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 24181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I sure hope that the Gordini in that footage is in a speed limit zone because it is barely moving.

Sounds and looks like Team Speed is happy with the Gordinis. What a great effort so far.
Robby has said many times in the past about being within 1 hour or so by rest day. This is a long long rally. I'm liking this steady first few days. Too many times in past few years we've been out of contention by stage 3. Just keep in touch and let the rally come to Robby rather than force the issue early on. And I'm loving Sheldon's drive so far. Maturity way beyond his years.

x2

Progress

@TOG, Mr.Glass pretty full, don't pour on negative nillies corn flakes like that.;-)

We do have a humble Robby this year. No outlandish claims. Calling getting stuck in the mud as unfortunate is the calmest thing I have seen Robby say in a crappy situation. Car killer stages yet to come. They will drop like flies and we shall move up.

maybe, maybe even tomorrow, as it's the first marathon stage

Maybe he is mellowing with age, but some of those outlandish claims did detract from his ability. He even said the Peugot team was very fast even before the Rally Raid started.

Heartbreak for: the 387 yesterday

Poor guy has been eliminated on the second stage every Dakar he entered. This one destroyed his car.

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/rider/387.html

Oh no, I wasn't aware of that sad fact. He needs a G4 or 5

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service