Jan 5th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 2nd in stage 1, and is only 42s behind in the overall standings.The special section of Stage 2 is 518km long. Robby Gordon start time: 7:10am/et. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2015 Stage 1 Photos

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: VILLA CARLOS PAZ > SAN JUAN

Connection 107km | Special Stage 518km | Total 625km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Any rest will be short-lived, because before reaching San Juan, the competitors will have a particularly busy schedule: quite simply the longest special stage in the rally, which is varied enough to unsettle even the most experienced of drivers. Hard terrain at the start of the race will be followed by dusty sections in the middle of the day and a sandy stretch to finish. This is the first real test, which can only be successfully overcome through constant vigilance.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 44207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

“I thought I would never finish”

“It was a tough stage, really heavy, for everybody, I think. It was not so easy for the cars to pass the last section because the sand was soft and it was wavy, up and down, up and down at 30 km… At a slow speed, it's not easy. Believe me, I started to feel sick over the last 30 km. I wanted to throw up, I had a headache… everything. I thought I would never finish. The last 30 km was really hard. Finally I got to the finish and that's the most important thing. Believe me, I don't mind about the time, the rally has only just started”. From Holowyczc
Hope he wasn't pushing it too hard on those bumps trying to get time back in this stage......Hate not knowing anything.

Damn, we broke down right before the finish, and are under tow it seems. :(

this is a joke .. they had to stop tracking ... !!!

Stage 2 UPDATE: Car is stopped a few KM"S short of the finish, they are waiting for a tow in. It looks like it might be 2 1/2 hrs lost on the day when they finally get in.

Bad news, but Thx for the update TOG.

After such a good start were deep in the also rans, let's hope RG and his team can fix the Gordini and pass a few cars each stage, lots of miles left so hope even if it's slim !

After the last two years, I'm growing to hate this deja vu feeling. :-(

same here,

part of being a RG fan, but an addition

Do we know what caused brake issues and breakdown right at the end of stage 2 ?

live now stage of the day
http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-1168/France-1-1-1

on france2
just waiting for the end of the weather info

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service