Jan 5th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 1 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 1 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon will drive the #305 Speed Energy/Traxxas/Toyo Tires HST.  The special section of Stage 1 is 180km long. The parade leading up to the start of stage 1 will be televised and we will have coverage here.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2014 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2014 Prep Photos

STAGE 1 TRACKING

STAGE 1: ROSARIO > SAN LUIS

Connection 629km | Special Stage 180km | Total 809km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The competitors will wake up early to set off along the road in the region of Cordoba and start the race on some narrow tracks which will require the utmost vigilance. Each one will still be very fresh allowing them to tackle the stony sections or the blind jumps serenely. The competitors’ driving skills will be rewarded at the finish, where they will have already clocked up 800 kilometres. Although the gaps will not be significant at this stage of the race, it is nevertheless important to maintain their position in the part of the standings that they are aiming for!

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 55671

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Red on experience yes but thing was built with lil testing in hot weather

I think they should mount the side oil coolers in front of the main radiator and make inlet scoups ( like on the old hummer) out of the side windows.

Flux-capassitor

Muffler Bearings and Trailing Arm Cam bearings

" I was supposed to race one of the Hummers I sold to Yazid Al Rajhi (Saudi Arabian driver who bought Gordon's two Hummers). But he is injured and has decided to stop his Dakar project. This put me in a delicate situation with quite a bit of pressure. So, I began building a new car for the Dakar. I drove the car for the first time in November."

This is not hard to understand. RG had to call an audible.

It still seems to be for some, why I have no idea!

In reality it sucks for us at home hoping to see good things happen over our computer screens but in reality it sucks for the two people in the car the people that are there supporting the car and anyone else that put time in building the car

as long as he is able to finish each stage and finish the race it will still be enjoyable to watch the race progress

while being a fan of Robby there is one thing I have always disagreed with the mantra the the second finisher is the first loser..... I have always gone by the mantra you race yourself and you do your best with the equipment you have.... someone in racing is always going to outspend you sometimes you beat them sometimes you do not.... with each mile or lap you do your best to improve and go from there

Thanks for sharing TOG. Pretty cool that you have allowed us that inside info ....

Thanks WJM

Thanks WJM. The disappointment in Robby's voice is gut wrenching!

I for one, am so sick of all the experts, armchairs QB's, racers-that-know-better, super genius's, really smart people, MMR's, etc, that seem to know so much about everything related to racing, that I just want to hear what RG has to say. People, we're just fans. It's his design, his team, his show, we are only sitting here, on the sidelines watching. Shut the hell up! Not you regular guys...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service