Jan 5th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 1 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 1 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon will drive the #305 Speed Energy/Traxxas/Toyo Tires HST.  The special section of Stage 1 is 180km long. The parade leading up to the start of stage 1 will be televised and we will have coverage here.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2014 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2014 Prep Photos

STAGE 1 TRACKING

STAGE 1: ROSARIO > SAN LUIS

Connection 629km | Special Stage 180km | Total 809km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The competitors will wake up early to set off along the road in the region of Cordoba and start the race on some narrow tracks which will require the utmost vigilance. Each one will still be very fresh allowing them to tackle the stony sections or the blind jumps serenely. The competitors’ driving skills will be rewarded at the finish, where they will have already clocked up 800 kilometres. Although the gaps will not be significant at this stage of the race, it is nevertheless important to maintain their position in the part of the standings that they are aiming for!

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 55671

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He was suppose to drive the Hummer this year with the team he sold it to until Yazed got injured. It forced him to have the HST ready a year earlier than planned!

Where are you hearing this nonsense from?

It was posted on here and verified by TOG!

Well beside the video he talks about it, here it is from the Dakar sight:
R.G.: “You will soon realize how good we are. I have a new project for this Dakar. I was supposed to race one of the Hummers I sold to Yazid Al Rajhi (Saudi Arabian driver who bought Gordon's two Hummers). But he is injured and has decided to stop his Dakar project. This put me in a delicate situation with quite a bit of pressure. So, I began building a new car for the Dakar. I drove the car for the first time in November. It runs good; it is stable and very fast. We have done over 1,500kms of testing. The parts we have used are similar to those we have used in the past, so it should be okay. Beyond that, this car is completely different. It sits lower than a Mini. It is lighter and smaller…And we will also have air-conditioning, which is a real comfort. We should be in a position to win. In any case, I am coming to win. I have no worries. At the end of the day, our business is to build race cars.”

Thanks GLuce, that was what I was looking for!

It's my understanding that Bobs back won't hold up to a run like the 1000, plus none of us know where the car was at that point as far as race readiness then there would have been the turn around prepping for Dakar. You gotta know Robby started finished and tested when and as much as was feasible before the car shipped. This problem must not have reared it's ugly head until today, it happens, how many cars have not started while sitting on the grid at Indy it's racing it happens no matter how well prepared you are.

You must have that 1st hand knowledge to know exactly when he finish this!

Good lord guys, can anybody come in here and ever constructively criticize RGO?

The reply of "how did your car finish" is childish and honestly speaks to the fact there is no real defense for this. Before you ask HIM about HIS cars finish, let's talk about YOURS. Chances are neither has a dog in the fight, so it's a mute "defense".

The bottom line is alot of this is inexcusable, more so given the budget, R&D and level of competition RGO is against.

Im sorry to say this, but the track record on many fronts show RG does better in equipment outside RGO/RGM.

Doesn't mean I'm not a fan, or I don't want to see him do well it's just not something I'm willing to accept or understand. To pull the rear hatch off as a method to resolve of minimize issues, it speaks of lack of testing and preparation.

Constructively criticize? For that to be done you have to know what went wrong. What went wrong? He's finished better in Dakar on his own than he did with VW. Tomorrow's got to be better.

Not to mention having your facts straight before making comments like that! Enough said, on to tomorrow and to having the car in ship shape!

I think we all know that consistency has been the issue for Dakar and Baja and more often than not its these part failures. I'm not saying it doesn't happen to others, because it does. However, it's not nearly at the same rate or nearly as catastrophic as RG and RGO seem to have.

A majority of years have quickly became gremlin filled with poor results and everybody here generally speaking toward better or having things fixed "next year". Now we go back to square one with the "Gordini" and have arguably the worst start since the 1000 last month.

You take this right back to NASCAR where outside of Road Course and SS's, RGM equipment never touched RCR and Jr Motorsports finishes.

Honestly, unless its contaminated fuel "what went wrong" is really beside the point. Facts are something did go wrong, again.

MMR,do you think Robby comes here to find out WTF his next move should be?Honestly

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service