Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 4 of the 2011 Dakar Rally.Robby Gordon will start at 11:59am/et & Eliseo Salazar will  start at 12:20pm/et. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the  entire 2011 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 4 TRACKING

STAGE 4:   San Salvador de Jujuy > Calama

Connection 554km | Special Stage 207km | Total 761km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The Dakar leaves Argentina provisionally to cross the Andes mountain range via the Paso de Jama pass. To reach this point, the climb will start during the night. Once they have crossed the border, the crews will ascend to an altitude of 4,800 metres, i.e. the same height as Mont-Blanc, without crampons or ice-picks! In sporting terms, the arrival in Chile also heralds the entrance to the Atacama Desert and the first off-track racing of the rally. The start of the relatively short special stage will take place at 3,300 metres. At this point, the vehicles will have to handle stony terrain as the dunes approach.

Views: 395

Replies to This Discussion

Kick ass at Laughlin
I haven't looked it up in awhile but I think the penalty is 1 minute for every minute you are late.

Fly, that's confirmed.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg615/scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&...

Broken 30 km from the start. He doesn't look like he is going anywhere soon :(
this pic says it all .........................................

This sucks.

• 15:45 Cars: Gordon awaiting assistance

It looks like American Robby Gordon (Hummer) has blown his engine or has broken his suspension. In any case, he is still stuck at the 514 km point on the link stage before the day’s special and is currently waiting for his assistance team. When they arrive, he will decide whether to carry on with the race or not…

This is such a kick in the guts for Robby.  That picture of him in the car says it all.
What's the latest
nip ....
damn damn damn...  makes me wanna cry...  any word (other than nip...)
nada  ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service