Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 4 of the 2011 Dakar Rally.Robby Gordon will start at 11:59am/et & Eliseo Salazar will  start at 12:20pm/et. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the  entire 2011 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 4 TRACKING

STAGE 4:   San Salvador de Jujuy > Calama

Connection 554km | Special Stage 207km | Total 761km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The Dakar leaves Argentina provisionally to cross the Andes mountain range via the Paso de Jama pass. To reach this point, the climb will start during the night. Once they have crossed the border, the crews will ascend to an altitude of 4,800 metres, i.e. the same height as Mont-Blanc, without crampons or ice-picks! In sporting terms, the arrival in Chile also heralds the entrance to the Atacama Desert and the first off-track racing of the rally. The start of the relatively short special stage will take place at 3,300 metres. At this point, the vehicles will have to handle stony terrain as the dunes approach.

Views: 396

Replies to This Discussion

Iss he waiting for support or what?

I guess that is the new question.

Pretty much a sure bet nobody else out there has the same spindals or bearings.

I just hope this experience will trigger some change for next year, way more testing, maybe running the dakar series or something. but, I like the fact that we can see live photos.

Not a blown motor. These are the pics miffles linked to. It's a wheel problem.

Please note the "little stickers"

Kudos to Master Craft Boats, Lincoln Welders, MAC Tools, Hella Lights, etc...

I'm in the market for a welder...

I think they can rebuild the engines, but can't swap the engine block. If they pound it hard they may get it up & out w/a penalty or daily DQ, but still be able to race the dunes. Sometimes they let them run the course after DQ'd for support & adverts.

Win Lose or Draw I want to see the Hummer in the sand!

TOG, on Twitter:

But will he start?
He has less than an hour to get to the SS to not DQ
By the looks of the fender the whole wheel must have came off !
I hate to say it but I feel like all these issues would have been found with testing...but that takes time and money...
I agree, nobody really came out and said it, but I just did not feel right from the beginning. With the major changes, I'm Robby wanted to test, but I guess it did not workout. The rear wheel of salazar came off on the 1st or 2nd day. Plus, most of the crew guys are all new this year. TOG will probably delete this comment in a few. I'm still his biggest fan.

The thing is Salazar is not in the same role as BJ. BJ was his water carrier. Salazar paid for this ride, he does not owe anything to Robby. I'm sure Robby would not take anything from Salazar's Hummer for that reason.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service