Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 4 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 4: Fiambala > Copiapo

Connection 394km | Special Stage 203km | Connection 32km | Total 629km

Race Results

Robby Gordon - 1st Place
BJ Baldwin - 8th Place
Carlo de Gavardo - DNS ( DQ )

Views: 235

Replies to This Discussion

RG will start at 11:56 EST....BJ at 12:43 EST
Robby Gordon will begin the timed special of Stage 4 at 11:56 am/et , BJ Baldwin will begin 12:43 pm/et . #dakar
about 2 hours ago from web
I have confidence that RGM made the right adjustments and will run very close to the front today, assuming there is no major malfunctions. I see RG moving up in the overall standings. Rob will not settle for anything less than victory!! Even though BJ is too far back to contend for the overall championship, I bet he is thinking about getting a stage win. I think he can do it. BTW, I'm not looking thru rose coloured glasses LOL
They are trying to contest the disqualification... we'll see.. I hope the appeal works for the sake of the Chilian Board of Tourism.
BJ is so far back will need to shadow Robby for the remainder of the Dakar to be there if Robby has any problems. Today is BJ's best chance for a stage win on time because of his starting possition is so far back he won't catch Robby unless he has a problem. BJ could get the win for the best time.
BJ will be trying to over take much slower traffic which is left at 1 minute interval, so it will be hard for him to keep a stage winning pace, while he is doing all the over taking. He could chip away at his standing and try for win towards the end of the rally
You are correct that BJ won't be able to win today because of the traffic. In fact, it will be even worse than you say - he is so far back that starts are every 30 seconds. He needs a solid top 10 or 12 so he can start closer to RG and support him tomorrow.
Waiting and wishing Robby had an old DEI mechanic on the team who knew some good cheats when it came to restrictors/restrictor plates.........I mean if you ain't cheating you ain't trying (even though Robby probably wouldn't go for that mess)
if it was that easy im sure he would.

Good luck today guys
Status @ 11:29 EST

Special n°1................bike..........quad.........car............truck
1st starts(GMT-3).....10:00.........10:00......12:05...........12:05

Number of participants
from start...................129.............22.........103...............48
have left.................... 121.............19.............0.................0
at CP 1.....................109.............15.............0.................0
at CP 2.......................19..............0.............0.................0
at the arrival..................0..............0.............0.................0
Does anyone know why the trucks are starting at the same time as the cars?
not sure. Cars are now starting to roll off.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service