Jan 4th 2010 Dakar Rally Stage 3 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 3 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 3: La Rioja > Fiambala

Connection 259km | Special Stage 182km | Connection 0km | Total 441km

Course Overview

It'll be on the third real day of racing that the competitors will have to deal with a first test. The change of context will be radical: with a switch from earth to sand and especially a dune portion of close to 30 kilometres. Other than their dimension that suits perfectly a first part of rally, these dunes are noticeable thanks to their white colour. In this new landscape, the crews will enjoy off-piste. They will also have to adapt to a change of climate and especially sand storms that are frequent in the area.

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'll be taking care of the the workers and travelers with position updates every 20 minutes or so via the planetrobby twitter account.
we have start times yet?
302 starts 11:11AM local 9:11AM Est per the planet tweet. the gods have spoken.
Link: https://twitter.com/PLANETROBBY

Here's actual Planet twitter page, so you could also w/ internet service just peek at it from time to time w/o a twitter acct.
Also have work, but bosses are very accommodating and I will be "watching" the stage.
Retirement really sucks - she wakes me with coffee and I stumble over to the computer after my dogs kiss me
to death. But, the up side, 20 miles of dunes towards the end today. And, remember, all must use same tire
throughout. That WRC tire isn't what RG runs, so let's see how it goes. Still beer-thirty in Palm Springs patio.
I'm locking my office door for the next 2 weeks....LOL
Robby Gordon will start 11th, Carlo de Gavardo will start 38th, and BJ Baldwin will start 121st for Stage 3
@ 9:48 GMT

The times below are local times GMT -3

Bike
Street (24) 11th starts @ 9:04

Cars
Miller _ (305) 5th starts @ 11:00
RG __ (302) 11th starts @ 11:11
BJ ___ (351) 24th starts @ 11:22
Carlos (326) 41th starts @ 11:31:30

Trucks
Monster truck (528) 45th starts @ 11:59:30
Correction