Jan 4th 2010 Dakar Rally Stage 3 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 3 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 3: La Rioja > Fiambala

Connection 259km | Special Stage 182km | Connection 0km | Total 441km

Course Overview

It'll be on the third real day of racing that the competitors will have to deal with a first test. The change of context will be radical: with a switch from earth to sand and especially a dune portion of close to 30 kilometres. Other than their dimension that suits perfectly a first part of rally, these dunes are noticeable thanks to their white colour. In this new landscape, the crews will enjoy off-piste. They will also have to adapt to a change of climate and especially sand storms that are frequent in the area.

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TEAM CHILE IS DQ'D..... :(
actually,Planet member Luis Cellino broke the news over an hour ago.
Too bad, sorry to hear that. I guess the only silver lining is that Now EVERYONE can work the short night to rebuild BJ. More resources/manpower to focus on 2 trucks for the rest of the rally.
That is for sure?
I can't seem to find anything reporting what happened with the Hummers today - this was going to be a good day for Hummers but this was not reflected in the results that were posted. What's up with the possible penality for 528?
Thanks everyone for all the posts. Just got home and am reading through the events. Can't dare check out the internet at work if I want to keep my job, so I will be relying on all of you until Friday.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service