Join us for the Dakar Rally's first day on Jan 3, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the first stage

Stage 1 - Saturday, January 3
Buenos Aires > Santa Rosa
Connection: 196 km | Special: 371 km | Connection: 166 km | Total: 733 km
Many have heard of La Pampa, where men are reputed to be “rough, but always courteous”. This first stage will provide the opportunity to discover the length of these vast plains. Dakar competitors have never faced such a long special. With over 400 km of rolling routes, perhaps the fastest on the program, this will constitute a real warm-up.

Views: 158

Replies to This Discussion

i don't think the cars have taken off yet.. not sure of the time difference.. but i think they are an hour ahead of me...(i'm on eastern time). So I don't think Robby takes off for about another hour from now.

The Quads just started a little while ago.. just starting to go thru the first km marker.
The tracking for the baja 1000 was fantastic. We had a clue where everybody was .
i think Jim Beam needs to bring back the "Twitter Dude"..
ok.. my bad on the time.. Sainz and Alphand have just taken off.. Robby should be starting in about 2 minutes
Robby took off about an hour ago. the tracking is terrible. it says he made it thru km 28 but no times! :(
i'm confused. the world clock on my phone says it 11:23am in Buenos Aires. it looks like they have already gone thru km 48, but there aren't times. HELP!
This is frustrating. Is there hope that some "bugs" will get worked out? I've been at work for over an hour & I pre-warned the boss I wasn't willingly volunteering to cover for our shop manager today. I'd hate to think that I might just get some work done today....priorities LOL
the tracker just now shows Robby taking off. I don't know.. like I said earlier.. time zone is confusing me...lol
starting to make sense now. 5 cars thru km 48 robbys not due yet.
tracker now shows 5 cars thru km 48
ditto here as well.
Robby started 27 minutes behind the leader..

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service