Join us for the Dakar Rally's first day on Jan 3, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the first stage

Stage 1 - Saturday, January 3
Buenos Aires > Santa Rosa
Connection: 196 km | Special: 371 km | Connection: 166 km | Total: 733 km
Many have heard of La Pampa, where men are reputed to be “rough, but always courteous”. This first stage will provide the opportunity to discover the length of these vast plains. Dakar competitors have never faced such a long special. With over 400 km of rolling routes, perhaps the fastest on the program, this will constitute a real warm-up.

Views: 158

Replies to This Discussion

RG's restrictor this year is 36mm about 1.42 inches.
Good morning.. should be less than an hour before RG starts the first stage!! I gotta follow from work, booze doesn't make it self u know.. (well, it actually kinda does). This should be a good, fast stage.. I can't wait!!
ok.. is there not a tracking map this year? i've been looking at all the sites and cant find it.
tracking up on dakar.com
yeah.. i found that one.. but it doesn't track using a map.. only checkpoints.. I thought i remember using a site for dakar that you could watch the competitors thru iritrack on a map of sorts.
i guess they don't have the same things this year as they have had before.. Rallyraid had a good updating system as well that i cant find on their site this year either
your right this tracking different.I don't like it as well.
Robby is off at 10;17
bummer. No cartoon cars to follow this year.
is anyone finding these tracking sites to be horrible? i can't find anything until they get to km 48
10-4. they were so much better 2 years ago.Mine doesn't even show the drivers of the cars anymore.
2 years ago on rally-raid site they were giving live updates.. like every couple of seconds..
ok this is frustrating... the bikes seem to be working fine on the tracking, but now the cars aren't working at all!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service