Jan 2nd, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 2 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 2 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 5th during stage 1 & Nasser Al Attiyah came home 38th. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 2 TRACKING

STAGE 2: De La Pampa > San Rafael

Connection 487km | Special Stage 290km | Total 777km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The competitors will have an early start and a long way to go to join the start of the special stage. But the pace that the drivers will have to keep up on the first very fast part of the route will immediately ensure that they remain extremely focused. After the big, fast bends negotiated on firm ground, the entrance in a backdrop of dunes will significantly slow down their progress. In Nihuil, the grey-coloured sand bears witness to the intense volcanic activity which occurred in the region several thousand years ago.

Views: 8614

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great response to a challenging day yesterday... Kinda wish the VW's were there so Robby and Nasser could put it on them a little. :)

went fishing and the wind blew us off the lake, did I ever miss a great RG day

A really good RGM day. Nasser wins the stage,Robby was 3rd, Making Robby 2nd O/A , Nasser is now 6th.

for those fans of Andy Grinder,#308 of Terranova and the Mitsu. finish 40th today.They struggled at the end of the special.Now 39th overall 1h16m back.

I think the #308 is a Toyota that used to be a Nissan or maybe a Datsun MK. At any rate I love the idea of Nasser and Lucas opening the road for Robby and Johnny. The Hummers can really pull out on the field now.

Did the 2nd truck get off the boat yet and if so, is it anywhere close to catching up with the team?

When we have prayer at the dinner table for a big get together I never forget to thank the Cattle, Pig, Bird or whatever the case may be for being the beast behind the scene making that dinner possible, In that light I'd like to say I have not forgot all that HARD WORK that is being put in by the guys (and gals I would imagine) behind the scene making it all mesh into what it is. Finishes aside a great fish fry is nothing without great side dishes.........Yes like BEER, man you guys are tough.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service