Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 1 of the 2011 Dakar Rally.Robby Gordon will drive the #303 Speed Energy Hummer & Eliseo Salazar will drive the #327 Hummer. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2011 Dakar Rally.Robby Gordon finished 6th in stage 1 of last years rally.

STAGE 1 TRACKING

STAGE 1: Buenos Aires > Cordoba

Connection 566km | Special Stage 222km | Total 788km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Most of the journey will have been made the day before, but the road section to the starting line of the first special stage is still long.Once the competitors have got down to the nitty-gritty, their engines  will start to heat up along a very quick portion.They will need to be  more and more technically proficient on a route that then becomes  mountainous.In order to limit the amount of overtaking on narrow tracks, a special route has been drawn up for bikes and quads in the middle of the stage.

Views: 196

Replies to This Discussion

way point 3 sainz peterhansal  al-att miller gordon 4m13s back

Only 1:48 overall. doesn't seem to bad to me. You gotta remember this in only the first stage of a VERY long race. And you have to think he's feeling things out a little with the car before going balls-to-the-wall. 

I almost forgot about how much guessing this tracking creates. For all we know he missed one turn and is actually the fastest on the course. It's gonna be a great couple of weeks!!!

I get that. 1:48 by way point two is a ton. Like I said EARLY indications are the speed is not there. He may have had an issue...we'll see.
4:13 back at wp3.
what site are you using? The Dakar site on my computer only shows the start times for the cars....
you have to click on the markers on the map for times

4 minutes back half way. Look slike Rg is gonne be 10 min set back. Right on schedule! Not a course for the Hum 2day

The Choppers are with Gordon.  Comments are that hes sliding all over the place. (Its raining)

should make for good TV if nothing else

Where r u getting all these news?
The rain is not helping the 2wd spooled rear end..

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service