Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 1 of the 2011 Dakar Rally.Robby Gordon will drive the #303 Speed Energy Hummer & Eliseo Salazar will drive the #327 Hummer. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2011 Dakar Rally.Robby Gordon finished 6th in stage 1 of last years rally.

STAGE 1 TRACKING

STAGE 1: Buenos Aires > Cordoba

Connection 566km | Special Stage 222km | Total 788km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Most of the journey will have been made the day before, but the road section to the starting line of the first special stage is still long.Once the competitors have got down to the nitty-gritty, their engines  will start to heat up along a very quick portion.They will need to be  more and more technically proficient on a route that then becomes  mountainous.In order to limit the amount of overtaking on narrow tracks, a special route has been drawn up for bikes and quads in the middle of the stage.

Views: 196

Replies to This Discussion

Nice Will.

Argentina still under a heat wave.

were there any problems in scrutinering.......and what time does chat start central time
@bighead, best I've been able to figure out,the Rally start's late morning EST.They're 2hr's ahead EST. TOG will announce 'chat' time tomorrow. He's busy with New Year's Eve partying.Happy New Year!

Best race of the year,....coming up.  :) 

I don't watch much NASCAR anymore, but I do still love to follow Dakar. 

I agree Hoosier, I'm so excited for the 2011 Dakar! This Rally is the best in the world, and to watch RG put on such a show is amazing. Keep it between the ditches and right side up for these early WRC style stages, and put a hurt on the competion in the desert! Gas On!

Thinking I'm a little to excited myself for this to start!  Been sitting here this morning wondering when all the action is gonna start..  Then I realized I still have 1 more day until the start....lol

Nice I'm not the only person to that also
Me too, why were we thinking Jan. 1st???
Here's the link to watch for the parade- http://www.ustream.tv/channel/c5n
Jan 1st is the start of the parade & movement to stage 1. Jan 2nd is the actual start of the stage 1 'specials'
Any idea on a time yet? No rush...just wondering...
I think the start of the racing on Jan 2nd is approx 6:00 local time , ( 4:00am for east coasters ) ..i think...I am still sorting through the *new* Dakar website look.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service