Join in and discuss the FINAL stage of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Thanks to everyone for supporting the team and the planet. It's been a tough few weeks, and hopefully we'll be here in 2015 to do it all again!

Views: 8240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It will make 13 Dakars if he does.

Good morning Dakar fans. Always sad for the race to come to an end, even sadder Robby didn't get to finish. Already looking forward to next year.

Just asking...is this Robby's worst Dakar performance statistically? I was thinking he won a stage in most previous attempts or was running with the leaders for most events. I'm fully aware he put this vehicle together quickly and will learn a lot from it for future events, just wondering if this was his worst Dakar statistically.

stat man step up !

2011 was. Out after 4 stages

Gotcha! So not bad considering how quick they put things together. Should do nothing put improve!

the HST ,IMO, was a 5th place rig out of the box.Life's lessons should improve it.NO transmission issues,broken chassis,rear axle issues.

Look at the rider sheet on Dakar.com for Robby.. it shows all his rankings since 2005.

I have to say I'm surprised the HST held up as well as it did. Completely untested and it was still very competitive. Looking forward to what Robby brings next year, whether it's a modified HST or something completely different.

It will be the HST

Looking at the profile of the Gordini, it sort of could look like a Range Rover Evoque. Maybe Robby ought to try to get them as a sponsor and get them back into the sport with a wildly popular driver. What do you think?

I'm all for that move. Somewhat of a Land Rover enthusiast myself. Would love to see them do it. My guess however is they (Land Rover Marketing N.A.) are not that bright. Seems like they've purposefully tried to distance themselves from their roots in "Off Road" vehicles over the past few years. Worth a try though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service