Join in and discuss the FINAL stage of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Thanks to everyone for supporting the team and the planet. It's been a tough few weeks, and hopefully we'll be here in 2015 to do it all again!

Views: 8240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i was able to glance at the rule book for a second and saw that forced induction was not allowed on gasoline but was via the turbo diesel. If they are restricted to parity at sea level, 5000ft, 6000ft, you still lose when you climb. Mini advantage is not in BHP per see as much as usable bhp and loads of torque that's usable way up there. Toss against light weight and its a winning formula.

ALMS decreased the fuel tank capacity but that is no good here because you have to carry 10% of buffer.

I will have to do more reading. I will have some time it looks like starting in March or April. Found a place in England that surpluses all the MAN SISU etc 4x4-10x10.

it is a Sillouhette vehicle, looks like it could be a production vehicle. i. e. NASCAR

A production Gordini would be in the same vein as a Lamborghini LM002 just a 2wd version.

Then you would need a set number to be built to qualify as production.

That's what I was wondering what constitutes production? If some sheikh(s) buy five? dozen? and once it becomes production does that make a Banks TD legal? Gordini Dakar edition $1.2million powered by Banks 3.0 VM turbo diesel.

VM turbo diesel? Who said it would be that? I don't think so.

has anyone read the rules?
Enjoy,http://www.fia.com/sport/homologation

I am trying to find the section that states the criteria for being a manufacturer. I found the lists and a bunch of other stuff like the test house questionnaires.

Now we be talking-a gordini nascrap car--we can dream......

No actual production. Like for general sale to the public, not a "Kit car". Gordini and the "Minis" are not production vehicles. The Great Wall Pickup was a modified production vehicle.

http://army-uk.com/index.php

Military Surplus Vehicles U.K includes some buggies, interesting trailers odds and ends. 4x2-10x10

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service