Jan 17th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 13 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from stage 13 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. This is the final stage of the 2015 Dakar Rally. The special section of stage 13 is 174km long. Robby Gordon start time: 7:25am/et, and he will be the 9th car off the line. After a 9th place finish in stage 11, Gordon sits 19th in the overall standings. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally.

2015 Stage 12 Photos

STAGE 13 TRACKING

STAGE 13: ROSARIO > BUENOS AIRES

Connection 219km | Special Stage 174km | Total 393km

COURSE OVERVIEW

None of the drivers in the Dakar consider it over until they reach the end of this final day; and for good reason, because every year at least one competitor retires during this final stage. Caution is the name of the game on the fast tracks of the special stage, at the very least for those who haven’t got a position to defend. Because reaching the podium of the 2015 edition at the Technopolis in Buenos Aires is the ultimate goal which they have come to achieve.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 10889

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1

Wow. RG should run for President down there. What a showman!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!

Big thank you to Robby and JC and all team Speed, got the Gordini to the finish and bagged a stage win, looking forward to 2016 all ready ! Also thanks to TOG and all who found time to use the on line chat, Robby your fans are everywhere, Gas On !.

Thank you guys, Speed Team and TOG for another amazing two weeks of january, we will all be here in 2016 waiting for the Gordini 3.0 and a bigger Robby fan base that doest stop growing. He is an example of determination, passion and faith!

I was thinking about how most of the fans that saw Robby win the final stage will remember that more than the overall winner. His effort should be turning some factory team heads here in the U S of A because eventually someones gonna say i should of done that. The remainder of this year around all the Indy venues stuff along with some of those heavy hitters might get something done if its not already. lol. Great effort and everyone have a safe and fun year.

READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT ROBBY HAS ACHIEVED ON HIS OWN INITIATIVE AND HIS OWN BUCK

Autosport magazine website:-

Peugeot has admitted that a lack of preparation time meant it was forced to make its Dakar Rally return with a "rough" car that was not fast enough.

The French manufacturer endured a tough comeback in the 2015 event, with Carlos Sainz crashing out during stage five, and Stephane Peterhansel finishing outside of the top 10 in the leading car that made it to the end.

Peugeot Sport director Bruno Famin said that this year's event was "not really satisfactory", and Peterhansel accepted at the finish that the 2008 DKR machine "lacked some oomph".

Famin added: "On two or three occasions we were able to fight for the stage victory but unfortunately we couldn't make it.

"Despite that, we can see that the performance is a bit missing to be able to fight for the overall victory.

"It's something we didn't work on before the race because we focused all of our tests on reliability - and we did well because we have two cars at the finish.

"We didn't spend any time on performance. The car is rough, we are at the very beginning of the development and we have many ideas to develop the engine, the suspension, to reduce weight - all performance factors.

"Now the target is to select the items we are going to work on to be able to have a well-performing car for 2016 as early as possible to make a lot of tests and to be able to fight for victory in 2016."

'MIRACLE' NEVER ON THE CARDS

Peterhansel said that it would have been foolish to believe that Peugeot would be competitive from the off given how tough its pre-event test programme was.

"We lacked some preparation, but we haven't had any real problems," said the Frenchman. "I knew a miracle wouldn't happen.

"In motorsport, if you don't drive thousands of kilometers and test everything, no miracles happen on racing day.

"We've taken the first step. We've made it to the finish, and from here on it should be better for us, I hope."

HMM, seems to be not enough testing.

As I read it, they focused on reliability (with mixed results) and didn't do enough testing on chassis dynamics - suspension, steering, etc. It's no secret the Peugeot had a severe understeer problem. I expect them to come back a strong contender for the overall in 2016.

Yep, they will return better for what they learned. 2016 Dakar will be even better for it.

They will be strong in 2016. Peterhansel did finish well and they had two cars finish out of the three

A big thanks, and shout out to TOG, WJM and MK for all they do to make this experience the best in the world at this time of year. Thank you guys. You are the best. As for me, I've been working, and so, a bit on the sidelines, but always followed the progress. All you fans are the best! And I've come to realize that all the fans that are here are the best. See everyone next year.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service