Jan 17th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 13 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from stage 13 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. This is the final stage of the 2015 Dakar Rally. The special section of stage 13 is 174km long. Robby Gordon start time: 7:25am/et, and he will be the 9th car off the line. After a 9th place finish in stage 11, Gordon sits 19th in the overall standings. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally.

2015 Stage 12 Photos

STAGE 13 TRACKING

STAGE 13: ROSARIO > BUENOS AIRES

Connection 219km | Special Stage 174km | Total 393km

COURSE OVERVIEW

None of the drivers in the Dakar consider it over until they reach the end of this final day; and for good reason, because every year at least one competitor retires during this final stage. Caution is the name of the game on the fast tracks of the special stage, at the very least for those who haven’t got a position to defend. Because reaching the podium of the 2015 edition at the Technopolis in Buenos Aires is the ultimate goal which they have come to achieve.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 10889

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, no one can claim that he wasn't going for it !!!

Another Dakar is done. Thanks Robby, Johnny, and Team RGM for the great effort to finish. You and all of us were rewarded with a stage victory because of your efforts. Hopefully we can have a second car next year and get more stage wins and victory in the DAKAR, the toughest race in the world.

Absolutely awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks TOG!

Big thanks to TOG and all you guys, a great finish for RG and JC well done team Speed for getting the Gordini to the finish !

Well at least he did get a Stage win, although everyone else was interested in just finishing. Souza did a very good job as the "one man band" this year, being the best finishing Independent and finishing overall 8th

Way to go Robby......a pretty successful Dakar if you ask me considering all that you had to overcome.
Well done to you and your team.
Bravo!

A great of posting and keeping us up to date.
Thank you TOG!

Thanks, for the great two weeks of Dakar and the perfect finish and it proves that with hard work you can achieve anything !!!

From JC:

Super pumped to complete my 4th Dakar Rally in my career.
Two on a bike
And two as navigator for Robby Gordon in a car.
This one was tough, we had some unexpected mechanicals that took us out of the running early, but we persevered thru, an ailing engine and even snuck a stage win in there. I don't even know our general overall finish, maybe 18th or something. But the fact we can compete with the worlds best and major major manufacture supported teams.
The stage today was suppose to be 170k but ended up being shortened to only 34km timed and the rest ceremonial due to heavy rain.
My favorite part was when RG stood the car on two wheels on a hard left corner and we played Dukes of Hazard for a couple seconds!
But for sure the best of all was finally sticking a stage win in there for the first ever stage victory for the Gordini.
We continued on the ceremonial finish on an auto cross course and performed a couple hot lap antics for the fans!
Super fun day, finishing with the final Dakar podium in Techopolis, Buenos Aires.
Can you say "Gordini donuts"
YeeeeeHaaaa!!
Special thanks to the Speed Energy Team and RG himself for letting me have a ride of a life time.
All the crew was top knotch and Heros to me, night after night prepping the Gordini so we could push the limits everyday.
I hope everyone enjoyed the race updates and stay times for our next up coming adventures!
XOXO
Johnny Campbell

Who says number 13 is unlucky. Congratulations Team Robby Gordon on the stage 13 win, and all the hard work all of you put into this 2015 Dakar. Thanks PlanetRobby.com for the long hours of hard work. I am already looking forward to next years 2016 Dakar.
I would like to purchase at least one of the used or spare tires that was on the Gordini that Robby won stag 13 with. And Autographed by Robby Gordon and all the team members of Team Gordini. Add your name to the list if you are interested.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service