Jan 16th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 13 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 13 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. This is the final stage of the rally. Thank you all for supporting the planet, and hope to see you back next year. Robby Gordon start time: 7:02am/et,

STAGE 13 TRACKING

STAGE 13: VILLA CARLOS PAZ > ROSARIO

Connection 519km | Special Stage 180km | Total 699km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Aspiring winners will certainly be those who find the 180km of the day’s special section the most difficult, designed with twisty, undulating routes, faster sandy and rocky sections… leading to significant levels of stress. For most of the others, the 699km to be covered before reaching the podium in Rosario will be a relief. To be enjoyed without moderation…

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 31210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

from Klaus at RDC -http://www.race-dezert.com/home/highs-and-lows-our-five-most-favori...
excerpt- Least Favorite
French Connection- “They give the nightly driver’s meeting in French,” Kellon Walch explained. “It takes about ten minutes to give, and then in English there is a one minute summary where they tell us to be safe out there.” From Stephane Peterhansel’s refueling scandal to Sheldon Creed’s disqualification, there is definitely a language barrier with the ASO. We saw this on the media side as well, as it was often difficult to get the information we needed to do our jobs in an efficient manner.
I believe we noted this all the way from the USA.

So there basically stealing entry money from teams other than frenchies, F em!

Sounds to me it would be in a team's best interest to have a few people fluent in French.

Right on ..ASO it is a clone of FIA..!! French made for Frenchs and Europeans...!! they promote the love for the sport ...just do it for for "point and glory " in the other side they make millions in entry , sponsors , tv ..etc .....you can see very clear how they suck 80% of the entry so few factory entry can get the glory !! ...I have much ..much more about ASO but for now that's it ..!!

Well, the Australian who won the Bikes, does not speak French? Going by what you are saying, the Spanish, Latin American, French and Belgian riders should have easily won?
@Robert, how do you know Toby doesn't speak French? Mr. Price was Marc Coma's teammate and they speak motorbike. Toby Price is a talent , BTW
Check out Quad racer Sergy Karyakin view of the ASO.

Where might I see this...or should I say read...

@Michael, look in Motorsport.com
I'll post a link tonight when I can sit in front of my machine

Good luck with that.

It's amazing how words from a competitor who is on the scene, in the moment, directly involved 24/7 has little to no credibility. It's as if those printed words go in one eyeball and out the other unfettered by the complications of mental comprehension simply because it's not what the reader wishes those very words implied or perhaps those words are not in the dictionary available in the parallel universe the reader lives in.

It reminds me of a story the late comedian Richard Pryor told about his wife catching him with another woman. He denies anything is going on, and asks his wife, “Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?”

Trust me he does not , as fluent as I am in French. Marc Coma also speaks some English

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service