Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 15, 2009,right here and chat about the action during the 12th stage.Robby sits 5th in the overall standings,and will roll off second for stage 12.

Stage 12 - Thursday, January 15

Fiambala > La Rioja

Connection: 4 km | Special: 253 km | Connection: 261 km | Total: 518 km
As concerns crossings, the day’s special is a concentrate of technique. Various types of dunes will be encountered, including the very formidable “white dunes”. Just three days from arrival, this stage can scramble rankings, especially because the assistance vehicles will not have access to the Fiambala bivouac. The Golden Rule is still: “know how to economize your machine”.

Views: 290

Replies to This Discussion

cool.. ya will have to give that power plant a big test run on the planet.. you know, like a shakedown run....lol
While a top ten overall may be out of reach, today would be a good day for Vigouroux to break into the top 15. Does this years finish determine where the driver/car starts next year?
Sainz and Robby are OFF!!!! the day now starts.. should be less than 17 minutes until the first km marker.
RG has got to make Sainz nervous.. hopefully Carlos will have to be watching his mirrors today.
the begining of this stage is really quick!.. if you look at the bikes at the first km marker.. everything has been stirred up campared to the starting order.
Rain is the unexpected guest of this 12th stage and if it’s a real downpour now falling from the Argentina sky onto the bivouac at La Rioja, the whole area of Fiambala and the route of the day’s special stage are beaten by wind and rain, making the race particularly difficult.

Good conditions for the hummer?
rain = mud.. Mud isn't good for hummer.. only 2 wheel drive.
hopefully it's only on the liaison...
Good Morning all!! from CCCold NY. 5 degrees here for a high of 10.
I see they have left and that the course is shortened. Anything else I miss?
I will have to leave in about 10 minutes to take the kidlets to school.
I hate you LOL
wait let me close my eyes!!
sainz thru cp1 in 16 minutes9 seconds

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service