Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 15, 2009,right here and chat about the action during the 12th stage.Robby sits 5th in the overall standings,and will roll off second for stage 12.

Stage 12 - Thursday, January 15

Fiambala > La Rioja

Connection: 4 km | Special: 253 km | Connection: 261 km | Total: 518 km
As concerns crossings, the day’s special is a concentrate of technique. Various types of dunes will be encountered, including the very formidable “white dunes”. Just three days from arrival, this stage can scramble rankings, especially because the assistance vehicles will not have access to the Fiambala bivouac. The Golden Rule is still: “know how to economize your machine”.

Views: 290

Replies to This Discussion

LOL
Burnin mine up both pages
FLY, what are you thinking.......?
A top 3 finish and Robby should run a DAKAR paint scheme in cup with the little hooded DAKAR dude on the hood
Too funny - that would be great.
Michel Périn (copilot to C. Sainz - 301 - VW) - 301

We had made a small mistake in the first part. We took the wrong direction at a Y crossing but it was not too bad because we did end up on the right trail. We were tailing Giniel De Villiers who had started about 10’ after us so it was still sort of OK. Then there was a hidden waypoint with a wadi indicated as ’danger’. But it should have been indicated as ’extremely dangerous’. By the way, the car behind us, Nani Roma’s car, would have fallen in the same hole as we did if we had not been there already. I’m ok; I just have something broken in my arm, but I’m alrigh.
I'm okay I just have something broken in my arm.
Yahoo sports has posted that Sainz out after accident
no but they could erase Robby's lead on Roma IF he stopped to "help" Sainz and crew. They did that on STage 10 for one of the motos.
What? No competition caution?? LOL!
Could be a tracking issue - no? Havent seen that before.hehe
Why all the conspiracy theory ASO stuff? The leaders of this event are the teams running the best, and other than cutting a few stages I think everything is satisfactory.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service