Jan 15th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 11 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from stage 11 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. The special section of stage 11 is 194km long. Robby Gordon start time: 9:55am/et, and he will be the 23rd car off the line. After a disappointing 21st place finish in stage 10, Gordon sits 20th in the overall standings. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally.

2015 Stage 10 Photos

STAGE 11 TRACKING

STAGE 11: SALTA > TERMAS DE RIO HONDO

Connection 326km | Special Stage 194km | Total 520km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The rally will continue on two separate routes, following the famous Ruta 40 and winding through its magnificent landscapes. Drivers won’t have time to relax on these fast routes though: the fatigue which will have accumulated by the 11th day of the race (the 4th marathon day for the motorcycles and quads!) will demand maximum concentration on both the route and the road-book. In the cockpits of the cars and trucks, the watchword will also be vigilance; these tracks are often lined with trees.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 12528

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

#350, 51st today,45th O/A
#385, 57th today, 55th O/A

I am impressed with that! wish i could find more info on the team and how their rally has been going! But to even make it this far in the rally is an amazing thing!!

Old video but got to love the reaction of RG, haha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy67RHgE7kA

That is funny!

Via RDC:

From JC:

Hola amigos!
Another action packed day here back in Argentina!
The course today was a 184k liaison- 194k special-141k liaison.
The special was pretty epic to say the least, super fast and curvy mountain roads, very lush greenery and trees everywhere.
It was the closest to a WRC type special we have seen in this Dakar.
The boys worked on the oil pressure issues and seem to stabilize it. RG was on point today in the driver seat, making solid turns and not any mistakes,
Unfortunately our wipers stuck and caused some vision issues that made things difficult.
We were closing on a car and had a little dust, but the biggest surprise was a corner that snuck up on us and we were coming HOT!
RG did his best to scrub the speed of the Gordini, but wasn't going to be enough!
We slid hard into an embankment and it pitched the car in the air at 180 degrees!
We landed wheels down but a little disorientated.
The motor had stalled and we were pointed backward in a nasty blind corner! I sounded the alarm button on my signal device all about the same time the engine fired!
RG spun her around and we took off! That Gordini is one tough vehicle!
The car felt fine so we continued our pace. To our dismay, we were 13th on time at the finish, 3:11 from the leader.
Tomorrow's stage will be second to last of the 2015 Dakar rally,
1000k liaison and special included.
My buttocks is sore, but excited to finish up this grueling Dakar on Saturday.
Good day peeps,
XOXO
Johnny Campbell
Right seat holder-downer guy.

PS. Back in the 100's from today to the finish. Yuck.

I am cracking up at Higman's comment to the short text,... "maybe more than fabric today."
I finally get it. Yes, I am slow! haha!

Good fighting RG and JC. Will be great to see you in BA, doing one last podium jump. Thank you for entertaining us so much in the new year.

Tomorrow, cars start at 11.05 local,Robby listed at 11:38 am local

Got the roofcam video. Not as impressive as Robby's helmet cam, but gives a good idea of the dangerous position they were in after the wreck, and also shows how Robby is getting a feel for the car before getting back up to speed.

Truly amazing they only got beat 3 minutes today.

I'll post the video soon!

Thank you,and Thank you for all the effort!

There are reports the #339 VANAGAS is racing with a broken wrist.Judging by this picture it a dis-placed facture of the Radius,aka BROKEN ARM.

That's an ouchie, no matter were it's broke. They mentioned it on one of the highlight shows.

And the guy managed to make up time on Nasser today, driving with an arm like that ????

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service