Jan 15th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 11 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from stage 11 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. The special section of stage 11 is 194km long. Robby Gordon start time: 9:55am/et, and he will be the 23rd car off the line. After a disappointing 21st place finish in stage 10, Gordon sits 20th in the overall standings. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally.

2015 Stage 10 Photos

STAGE 11 TRACKING

STAGE 11: SALTA > TERMAS DE RIO HONDO

Connection 326km | Special Stage 194km | Total 520km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The rally will continue on two separate routes, following the famous Ruta 40 and winding through its magnificent landscapes. Drivers won’t have time to relax on these fast routes though: the fatigue which will have accumulated by the 11th day of the race (the 4th marathon day for the motorcycles and quads!) will demand maximum concentration on both the route and the road-book. In the cockpits of the cars and trucks, the watchword will also be vigilance; these tracks are often lined with trees.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 12528

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad they are ok and made it. The Gordini is one tough rig!

Image from the Dakar Facebook page

Pretty sure that's the Hummer, not the Gordini

Das Hummer.

Kind of like a flat spin at Bonnaville.

As this thing is winding down, another year when I am just amazed at the amount of work and planning that goes into just finishing. There are not many vehicles (or humans) in the world that would put up to this abuse and keep going. Congrats to all involved on keeping going.

well said

Apparently the hero of the day was #339 Benediktas Vanagas, the Lithuanian Toyota driver. Starting in the 15th position he lost time in the first two stages, but in the latter stages was the only car in the field who was actually able to make up time on Nasser.

"This was a very fast and technical speed stage that involved a lot of hard work. We drove with discipline and speed. You need to be brave to move quickly through a speed stage like this one. At the middle of this speed stage, I began to regret not installing new tires. To be honest, though – we don't have any – we chose the best from the used ones we have. At the middle of the stage, we caught up to a buggy that was very reluctant to let us pass. Because of this, we missed a turn and drove straight. We just barely managed to miss a pillar of stone that would have totaled our vehicle had we hit it. "

What a heartbreak for them to finish forth, only one second off the podium !!

All this with a broken wrist.

Understanding the DAKAR rally is some sort of gift......I know a guy who could not read......15 YEARS OLD..he fell down the basement steps and ......well lets just say the guy is "book worm" now. What will it take for the folks in the United States and the United states media to understand DAKAR.?

My best benighted guess Michael ... it'll happen soon after ... most good people of the U.S.A

are aware that ... Sam Davies/Team SCA ... is currently 6th (-105.1 nm) Stage 3 ... jeje

Oh brother, now you've got me following a race that also goes on every day, but is not projected to finish until this June ! Go team SCA !

Does anyone know how the polaris RZR's did or are doing? I saw them before the rally started but havent heard anything about them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service