Jan 15th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 11 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from stage 11 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. The special section of stage 11 is 194km long. Robby Gordon start time: 9:55am/et, and he will be the 23rd car off the line. After a disappointing 21st place finish in stage 10, Gordon sits 20th in the overall standings. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally.

2015 Stage 10 Photos

STAGE 11 TRACKING

STAGE 11: SALTA > TERMAS DE RIO HONDO

Connection 326km | Special Stage 194km | Total 520km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The rally will continue on two separate routes, following the famous Ruta 40 and winding through its magnificent landscapes. Drivers won’t have time to relax on these fast routes though: the fatigue which will have accumulated by the 11th day of the race (the 4th marathon day for the motorcycles and quads!) will demand maximum concentration on both the route and the road-book. In the cockpits of the cars and trucks, the watchword will also be vigilance; these tracks are often lined with trees.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 12528

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That I'll agree with partially . Yes I agree with you on the fact that yes , It is not for any of us to second guess whether he should give up his dream of designing and building and racing his own stuff, adopting 4wd, or driving for a factory team if that would assure a win. That is the team's decision, not fans. But don't say we ain't part of the team , were the ones who support and root for Robby in all his endeavors . It's us fans that buy SPEED , buy tickets to SST , buy shirts , hats , decals , RC trucks , and anything else we can . It's us fans that cheer Robby on and it's us fans that Robby appreciates !

Here is my 2 cents. I am an RG fan for better or worse...
Last year sucked, period...
This year we are on pace to a top 20 finish. That is after 1 year of development on this new platform (Gordini).
So what about next year. Improve Reliability of all systems. ie Brakes, Flywheel, Hiem Joints, Windshield wipers etc....Secondly, Find about 20 km/hr more overall speed, more is better, because the other teams will also improve next year. To me none of this is unrealistic, more money does not always equal better results. Just ask the Ferrari and Maclaren F1 Teams.

As an independent team RG is not married to any of his suppliers. That leaves him free to shop for the best equipment. If he wanted he could use an engine from any company. This to me is his advantage.

Not Planeteer, members are now known as Gordooligans.

Hahaha! That's the broader category of Robby's fans. If you hang out at the Planet at all, you are a Planeteer. And of course... there are anti-Gordooligan's hanging at the Planet too, as there are at RDC. It's a complex modern family.

Let's leave that one for BJ lol

good luck 308 for the next

Hmmmm....looks familiar

Haha that's great. You know what they say TOG about duplicating ...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Are you going to sue for copywrite infrengment?

LOL.. I'm flattered

Awesome fans !!! Great pic

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service